[/title] you will be locked out of your own equipment [/title]

your experience will depend entirely on your installer. we are using "communications by johnson".

yesterday i requested a fix of our equipment, which is not working. i was told by the manufacturer that i am not authorized to fix this equipment. i must have it fixed by the an authorized distributor. i contacted commbyjohnson, and was not given the password that i needed to reprogram it. randy sr. of commbyjohnson told me to send them a work request from the owner, which we did yesterday. today, our system is still down. icrealtime customer service manager joshua reinke told me i would have to have my system password reset by another authorized distributor, and i also requested this yesterday. the person that they referred me to did not have a reset code, and then did not follow up with a return call. actually, no one has followed up with a return call to check the status of our system, not icrealtime, not commbyjohnson, and not the third party that icrealtime referred me to that was suppose to reset my password

i understand the positive reviews here. i too had a positive review because of similar experience. however, after the past 24 hours, i have come to resent icrealtime for taking away one day of my life with nothing to show for it except for this review.

to be fair, i have contacted icrealtime and shared this post with them, offering to correct any mistakes. they have not replied as of yet

Well I can see why you have problems with customer service and tech support....

You have taken the time to register and time to type your thread.

Instead of ***ing about your problem you would of been much better to of just asked the forum for your password.

Ic realtime will not reply your a end user. And that is there policy.

Keep life simple .

All you need to do is post your time and date on your recorder

i can see why as well. it's because this problem should have been resolved yesterday. is there any excuse for not putting us back online on my first call. so are you saying the code is 0414112718, 041411272018, 161411278, 161411272018, 201811271614, or 201811270414

i can see why as well. it's because this problem should have been resolved yesterday. is there any excuse for not putting us back online on my first call. so are you saying the code is 0414112718, 041411272018, 161411278, 161411272018, 201811271614, or 201811270414

All we need is the current time and date which your dvr is showing now

when it was set up, it was connected to a router. the network addresses started with 192.168.1.x

but the ip address of this unit is 50.y.x.z, so apparently, there was an exception set up in the routers to reach this address. another tech came in to clean things up, and removed the dedicated router, and connected the switch directly to the combo cable modem / router. now the network address have all changed to 10.1.10.x, and we are not connecting to the recorder. i have a feeling i should have been looking to program the modem instead of the recorder. do you have a suggestion ?

why couldn't anyone say "forward ports 37777 - 37778 for ip address 50.x.y.z in your modem / router. you don't need to do anything to your recorder. i wouldn't have minded even a "like 'duh'". but they withheld information, and this is also wrong

Are you broken

*** *** *** is that all you do all day .

I asked for your nvrs current time and date so I can give you the password.

It’s simple

Tech support are not there to listen to your problems .

Your next step is a forum.... so your here.

But you would rather *** than answer a question to solve your problem.

thanks tom for your help;

no, the cell phone app doesn't work. i need to program my modem/router, but the first time i tried this it came back with an error message about the dvr ip address being outside the subnet. i don't have access to the equipment right now; i'll be trying it again in a few days. would you be available for a support call when i get back to the office ?

thanks tom for your help;

no, the cell phone app doesn't work. i need to program my modem/router, but the first time i tried this it came back with an error message about the dvr ip address being outside the subnet. i don't have access to the equipment right now; i'll be trying it again in a few days. would you be available for a support call when i get back to the office ?

Hi. Subnet is basically your routers IP address you just enter it into your recorders network settings.

Support call would not be a problem ...... But it is also good to learn. A few years and networking is going to be common in the home. And there are some good tools around to help you.

We use this one and it does everything that anyone needs to learn and do networking ... There is a free one and one with a cost.

The one with a cost is the one I would go for. It checks networks it allows you into your router or recorder or IP camera direct from the app.

It is also very good at protecting you with on line shopping..... It allowed you to check the web page of the seller. How long they have been trading ....who owns the website ...when it was built....and there location ..... So buying is never a waste of money in a way it protects you on line.

Load it onto your apple phone or pad or android and just press scan under LAN and it gives all details of everything on there that is connected to your router. You will see your routers name click on it and it will show you the subnet of your router....... Enter that into recorder and away you go.

Network Analyzer Pro by Techet

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/network-analyzer-pro/id557405467?mt=8

On 11/27/2018 at 4:19 PM, tomcctv said:

All we need is the current time and date which your dvr is showing now

sorry for the delay.  its 02-07-2019 03:34:40 PM

Just now, hmazuji said:

sorry for the delay.  its 02-07-2019 03:34:40 PM

do i put the date time in the "system login" username admin password screen,

or, do i use the date in the "reset" screen

the "reset" screen has a "question 1", "question 2", "reset password of admin" sections

if i use the time date in the "system login" box, what is the format that it should look like