First, I am in no way connected to ICRealtime and I am an small biz owner/installer. My intention is to inform, not sell.

I purchased and installed a 8 channel in a chain. using 4 camera's right now, camera's were installed by another Company and the Owner did not like the DVR or the poor service. Here are my comments;

- DVR pre-setup was easy and worked first time.

- installed network LAN/WAN, went as usual, no problems. only the port 9080 or 90xx for the port assignment was a bit different but it worked. I am used to straight forward port assignments.

- viewing via Client and Internet (WAN) was damn good. Frame video flow was also very impressive. DVR can be "throttled" to handle slower connection speed issues.

- GUI was fine, everything worked.

- support provided by Matt and Lee was above and beyond that of normal biz practices today. I have found only one other Manufacture (Video Insight) who has master this "code".

- playback is crisp and clean. could not tell the difference between the live or playback.

- when using the Client mode you have to login with your password for each camera you wish to view. This does become annoying but after your set-up you only have to do this when you first open it. I am hoping that ICReal time improves so that when you login you can open camera's without all that extra stuff. The Internet Browser works much better in that once you login you do not have to login in again for each camera, you just click'n pick. Client should be the same if possible. I have only had this a few days so there maybe a way to get around this in the Client or via a software upgrade?

- Audio? Customer wants audio added next week.........will let you know how that works out.

Overall this DVR impressed both myself and more importantly it impressed the customer. I have yet to try the video editing/transfering methods and will comment on that later.

- I won't release the IP so don't ask. Client does not want it given out.

Feel free to ask questions.............................

My ICrealtime Realtime review

I have been holding off on giving my review and waiting until I was able to get a good list of both pros and cons. (You know me, I am not afraid to say what I truly think about a product). That is what I like and use this forum for. Not to sell something or help my business. But to share ideas, experiences, and product reviews and results. So here is my personal view good and bad.

Setup and Network Worked with no problem. No confusion. And no software issues.

Hooking it up to any monitor was absolutly fantastic. Hooking it up to my office flat screen to the vga input was like no other machines ability to create image quality seemingly from the future. So many features and abilitys available that everyone would be pleased. Even the hard to please. (no names mentioned)

So many upgrades and better/easier things within that its hard to find anything that this machine not only doesnt do but doesnt do better than other machines in some shape or form. I kept trying to locate the minus side of the machine and found myself finding more and more +'s every single time I searched for the negatives. Anyone who has an average thought or review about it I would say did not actaully get to test it out and what it could do. Which if you are not prepared and not shown is easily to do. Because most dvrs all have the same "features". But when you really get down to putting the machine under a microscope you will see a full blown entertaining fascinating experience within a product (dvr's) you have seen duplicated and sold by just about every single company name under the sun. But all other dvrs can not match the way this one records, no wait...........rips through the whole concept of video recording and playback.

Almost converging in the market of High quality cinematic movie making.

Ok my weak scraped up cons. The only ones I could produce.

-The fact you cant change ptz settings and order of calls.

-The loggin in to each channel (which is really worth considering the alternative......which is not having the quality video on each channel

-the fact that I cant get them for free

(hey I had to give atleast 3 cons.)

Overall you would be fool to say you have a dvr that performs better and/or is a better value. Even if you have a dvr that is 1/2 the price I dont care what it does or does not do, you cant beat the value and performance for what that machine cost. If you cant validate the machines price point in the value that it provides then you need to do some surfing over to a place like "selling for dummies".

And so ends my review.

bold???

YES, it was.

I now only feel bad because I feel like I am ripping the my biggest client because of a law to that requires that they "buy american" and that we have to provide inferior pelco dx8000 machines. What a rip off.

totally agree, well said, and thanks for the review.l have the 8 channel and l am thrilled with the picture quality also especially streamed over internet,local view exceptional also!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT,YOU WILL BE VERY SATISFIED!!!!!

Can you upload some exported video so we can take a look.

You to send it to me via Skype and I will host it for you.

Overall you would be fool to say you have a dvr that performs better and/or is a better value.

Please keep it clean guys, thanks.

Jasper,

Here is a quick video. This is no special event. Just a video I pulled real quick to let you see. We have been having real bad winds here the past couple of days. So watch the tree's sway and you will also hear a loud annoying screeching. That is the rusty spinning attic vents on top of my neighbors house. You will see me pull in at about 4:54 and I made sure that the neighbors were not home and got up there and unloaded some wd40 and oil lubricant on them and they completely stop. (That part was not on video). Cant disclose any video that could be used against me.

http://arksurveillance.com/hostvids/icfrontvideo

OK, I finally got see some video from this thing. Thanks.

Magee, I had to attach a .mp4 file extension to the file I downloaded from you in order to get it to play, but got it working.

Looks pretty good. The H.264 codec must be helping considerably? Are they using hardware compression as well?

Also are you recording at 320x240? I made it full screen and it did not get as bad as I thought it would.

its not just the h.264 compression. Its the muscles in the dvr. Take a look at all the comonents it has. You wont think your time will be waisted.

Also do some research on the black fin adi processers. Very interesting

So that would be a yes on the Hardware Compression in addtion to a good H.264 codec.

I have not been able to identify which version of the codec it uses.

My codec identifier programs can't figure it out.

First element in file is not: EBML

So that would be a yes on the Hardware Compression in addtion to a good H.264 codec.

I have not been able to identify which version of the codec it uses.

My codec identifier programs can't figure it out.

First element in file is not: EBML

I once read somwhere "Google Makes Life Easier"

Also do some research on the black fin adi processers. Very interesting

Here is a little run down of the Blackfin Processors in this DVR (ADSP-BF561)

-Dual symmetric independent cores in each processor

-600MHz per Core

-328K SRAM bytes of on chip memory

-Quad 8bit video ALU's

-Advanced debug, trace, and performance monitoring

Here is the data sheet about this particular Blackfin chip. http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/170902874ADSP_BF561_0.pdf

Edited by Guest

With all this talk about the IC Realtime Dvr's it's making me feel all warm and fuzzy.... Every dealer that I've had purchase one of these units has been very satisfied and has said this is the dvr there going to purchase from now on for their CCTV applications. With the posts you guys are putting up it just verify's the fact that is was a very good decision for me to sign up as the Midwest Distributor for IC Realtime. I really think that DVR is the unit most manufacturers are going to be comparing their units too for future upgrades and improvements. Keep up the Hard work Matt and tell those engineers to keep coming up with more ideas!! These units are "scootin" out of our doors and most importantly there not coming back....

Dustin

and im not expert. but unless im thick im not "that" impressed with the playback to be honest.

Just out of curiousity, what DVR are you impressed by its playback?

well i think something may be up looking at it again, becuase it is bloody green all over??? (im waiting for a slap in the face for being thick here)

well to be honest based on what i have seen on this clip(and i may be being thick as i have said) its not better than otherones that ljd and dare i say the bloody name y3k dump out here in the uk.

I'm just asking as I've seen multiple clips from the ICR unit and its very impressive to me. I haven't seen a whole lot out there that is equal or better and thus I'm curious what you've found that I haven't!

well i mean ive got a limited experience of dvrs,

the ones that www.y3kcctv.com sell ( the pro ones) are acutally quite good although the companys service is bloody awfull. ive got footage that looked that good and not green at 30 fps on a optical zoom numberplate cam (from those muppets again).

also www.digitalvideos.co.uk (ljd) (these guys are better and trade only. still muppets sometimes tho lol). the pc based dvrs and the standalone embedded have produced the same sort of quality as well. also easy to use.

again i have to say im a rank amatur compared to most of u chappys (although im doing it commercially. let the slapping continue). however the results im getting are good and the first 8 cam install i did has used 3 lots of footege which blew the case out of court lol

i must add i do think more now the camera selection and setup plays more important roles in the usefullness of the image in a court or monitoring situation than the dvr (if you go for the more expensive kit).