You might take a second look at the ICR Pro unit. Maybe even get a true demo from ICR themselves if its something your interested in reselling as its truly an unbelievable unit.

yeah im allways up to look at new products. im trying to decide on a line of dvrs to use (im actually away for a month as of 2mrw lol). im going to go for high def (megapixel) and ip stuff i think as there seems to be a large gap in the market for this. however i still will want to be bale to upgrade and work on your normal analoge systems and need a good dvr for this.

u got a contact email for the chappys? (pm if more appropiate)

well i think something may be up looking at it again, becuase it is bloody green all over??? (im waiting for a slap in the face for being thick here)

well to be honest based on what i have seen on this clip(and i may be being thick as i have said) its not better than otherones that ljd and dare i say the bloody name y3k dump out here in the uk.

I guess you and I were the only ones that had it play back green.

playback green? I am not sure what you are talking about. Do you meen green the whole time and completely green? Or just a green tint?

And by the way the only person who should be slapped is the person who attacks a person for just being honest. I dont know how every one else feels but I personally welcome an honest any day. Regardless if it is against what everyone else says. Dont hold back any honest opinions. Those are the ones that are most valuable.

Ive never seen green before, got any screen shots??

Was there green in the Image, or was it all just blank green?

Could the green be the background when there is no recorded video, such as some are blue, some black, some grey, etc ..?

Rory

the green is the non recorded background of a playback clipof a file.when it gets to the recorded part of the file it plays the clip,ie a 10sec clip is recorded and saved and then replayed so it plays only the recorded clip in the file!!

its hard to explain but that is what happened to me a few times ,l had to run the whole file to get to the part of the clip that l recorded,it started blank or green with file playing and eventually switched to video!!

That is what he must be reffering too?

The clip I have here from Magee starts out that way until it reaches the video, like you said.

For you guys going to the show that will be interesting to see how ICRealtime demos the unit. Also that number at the top of the screen is that the remote transfer rate being quoted or the recording rate?

anyone got a recorded file ?? I mean that is recorded in high recording on the DVR. So i can take a look ..? Or PM me an IP, i can figure it out (no long distance $500 phone calls ) ... would still like to take a look.

thanks

Rory

yeah rory yours is not green , by green i mean a green tint to the whole video not just green at teh beggining.

actually after going to service a dvr today im not impressed by the footage quality at all to be honest, i would say its worse than other strips i have. i will put up some footeage when i get back from my trip from intstalls i have done.

When we play back the video it has a green tint to it, like looing through a green bit of plastic.

I have tried changing the client from PAL to NTSC etc, and it is still green.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Are you guys all looking at the same clip or is this happening on more than one clip that you guys have seen?

Is it a slight tint across the whole image or just in some areas?

No problems on my end (no green)..I will see what may be causing that and let you guys know. Isaac maybe you should post another video, something off that SDII cam. From what I have read the people that are getting the green are from the UK..correct. EZCCTV, Frosted UK right?

I have a few recorded AVI clips from a few ICR Pro units. I need a host..anyone...Rory

I will host them if they are less than 10MB per file. PM me for email.

Or if you have a Skype account you can PM me your skype name and we can do it that way if they are larger than that.

I think they maybe over 10MB each. I will PM you later to get your Skype name. Probably the easiest way to do this. Unless you have an FTP server up?

windows xp, latest packs and updates (yeah yeah i know bad idea but its my office pc lol)

What is bad about that

Oh boy.

Don't be talking bad about the ICRealtime now.

Hey the guy is seeing green, give him a break.

That is why I wanted to see the other samples. So far what I have seen is the one from Magee.

Hey the guy is seeing green, give him a break.

That is why I wanted to see the other samples. So far what I have seen is the one from Magee.

I'm trying to help him. What do you mean give him a break.

Anyway, I have a bunch of video clips in AVI and MP4 format, low and high resolution. PM me your skype info so I can send them over your way, unless you have an FTP server up?

You are talking about GE, right?

yeah rory yours is not green , by green i mean a green tint to the whole video not just green at teh beggining.

actually after going to service a dvr today im not impressed by the footage quality at all to be honest, i would say its worse than other strips i have. i will put up some footeage when i get back from my trip from intstalls i have done.

Hey Guys, This is Charlie from the ICRealtime tech support dept. Just finished reading all the posts in this thread. Will read all other posts on ICRealtime DVR later.

(1) Green screen during playback. This happens when you play a NTSC video clips with a PAL setting, or vice versa. Easy fix: uninstall the current client software and go to ICRealtime's web site to download the software again; make sure you select NTSC/English during the installation. Or, on the local playback control bar, click the config button (the hammer icon), select "NTSC" at the bottom, click Apply and try to play the same clip again.

If you still see green, give us a call. Let one of our sales people give you the access to one of the demo machines so you can see not only color but also all other features of the machine.

Using the same software to serve all the markets sounds like a good idea on paper for development and maintanence, it is not working out well for us, especially with over thousands of units installed in different parts of the world. Simple stuff like this 'green issue' has wasted a lot of our time. Maybe we should build dedicated loads for each region.

(2) As an enginneer working on design, support and sell DVRs since 2000 (anyone of you heard DVR at that time? , I tested and supported dvr of almost all brands. Rory seems a die hard fan of GE/Kalatel machines. Well, as long as your customers are happy with the performance and prices, why not? Quote one of my friends working in XX's DVR group: "we sell our name, who cares if our price is double and our technology is 12 month behind". When you are associated with a large corp., you look bigger in the eyes of your customers. That helps. Large corporations are also famous for dragging their feet in embracing new technology - at the large company I worked for over years, we seldom had projects scheduled for less than 8 months, and we were late by half year, via standard

I am not in a good position to say which dvr is best because I work for ICRealtime. But I have to say, put ICRealtime machines side by side with any other DVRs, you will be impressed with its quality and performance. At least I was. On the price side, you go bargin with Matt.

When we play back the video it has a green tint to it, like looing through a green bit of plastic.

I have tried changing the client from PAL to NTSC etc, and it is still green.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Hi .. Nope not a Ge Die Hard fan anymore ... just havent seen anything better yet ... as a Stand Alone that is .. also when i said wasnt impressed, i meant that I didnt see anything special with the playback clips I saw . .. really I dont like to comment on something I havent physically used though ..