the quality I had that set on was nothing. That was just to facilitate people with low bandwith. I am going to crank up the quality settings and let you see how this really goes. Give me about 30 minutes total.

That wasn't a good sample demo at all. The video looked distored. What camera were you using? Was that the top settings of the unit?

And got to talk to you about this over sharing.

That wasn't a good sample demo at all. The video looked distored. What camera were you using? Was that the top settings of the unit?

Video looked great on my end. I had it full screen on my 20" LCD and no distortion at all. From what I saw those were medium settings Jasper.

distorted? And no that was only on good. And that was a panasonic 484. Looks better than my camcorder. Atleast on my end. From good it goes high and then super.

anyone else look distorted? Did you pull it in full screen?

not bad for full screen, can you change it to Mpeg4 or Wavelet ?

Or is the distortion from the camera?

Yep. I did it full screen. Why you holding back, lets have the super.

It doesn't look as good as the first sample you posted that was outside.

I am looking at it on a 56" screen so I can see the differences real easy.

Use the supplied MP4 to AVI converter bundled with client software if you want an AVI format. Res. is set to 352x240. Just converted and played in Winamp looks good.

What i mean is, can you change it from H264 to Mpeg4 or Wavelet?

As those are better quality settings.

Just curious ..

probably just the quality setting ... can we see the highest?

i wanna see what glasses those are

Edited by Guest

Hmm.

I just converted the file from the .mp4 to .avi. Which converts it to an Open Source DivX4 Codec. I see that it has been recorded at a bit rate of 373 kbps. Most like the quality is suffering because of the low bit rate and the low resolution.

It isn't 11kbps. Are you using windows to determine the bit rate, because it is not accurate.

I am using a video utility program to identify the CODEC and the bit rate.

The bit rate needs to increase along with the resolution to get an idea of how good it can look. So far the DVR and the Camera are not doing each other justice.

Sorry, just being honest.

He edited it and messed up.

I will see if I can upload them or if he has it corrected here pretty quick.

Maybe I have not seen what is out there. Maybe I that video is not as good as others. The only thing I ask is post some video of a dvr that beats that. I would be very interested in watching some video of a dvr that does better than that. Also post some contact info so I can get that dvr. I must be wrong if that video does not make your jaw hit the floor. I have been wrong many times in my life so I could be wrong on how this compares. If I am pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee show some video. Or heck show some video from one that even compares. Even that would suprise me.

Ok waiting for the video.....................................Please dont make me hold my breath for nothing

Well when are you going to show us the highest quality?

That last clip was recorded at 352x240, wasn't it? How about a 720x480 or even a 640x480.

And when comparing video you have to take into consideration the bit rate and the resolution.

My jaw is not hitting the floor with what I have seen so far.

What happend to KandCorps clips? Maybe he has some better examples. I don't think that DVR is being presented in its best light.

I am sure the demo at the show will be much better.