mine plays back at 740X480 check your settings.

Ok but lets forget about the numbers behind the video.

How does the video look? Have you seen better quality?

No I am not looking for what size yours plays or what the ###X### is, how is that video clarity and ability to show any features? Can you honestyly say or wait a minute provide cctv video that LOOKS like that? I am seriously curious to my max about if I am just not exposed to other dvrs capabilty to produce that. Forget the specs forget the other things besides the way it looks to you. How DOES IT LOOK?

Maybe it down converts when converting to AVI or my codec utility program doesn’t report it correctly. I just wanted to make sure you were using the best quality setting.

Have I seen better quality? Yes. If my Geovison was in that same room with the same camera I think it would look better. Your video has a lot of artifacts. Especially around your left cheek when the video plays back.

geovision really? Man I need to take a second look at them. what is the cost of dvr that does better than this one? Seriously I am always looking for the best systems to provide. Can You post some video. Any video?

why dont you try just using the mpeg4 playver that it comes with?

It is not as good as my player.

geovision really? Man I need to take a second look at them. what is the cost of dvr that does better than this one? Seriously I am always looking for the best systems to provide. Can You post some video. Any video?

Download Rory's Video clips and check them out. I have some on there as well, but they are recorded at the lowest quality codec. I will upload one that is using a better codec and is in a much darker environment.

If it was in your room it would look much better.

You do have to consider the bit rate though or you are short changing the ICRealtime DVR. Would the GEO look as good at that lower bit rate like the ICRealtime? We won’t know until they come out with their version of H.264.

Its good for a non Windows DVR - in Full Screen or larger than 320x240. Though I have seen better quality at 320x240 generally from Wavelet or Mjpeg DVRs. Benefit of H.264 is less HDD space used and ofcourse faster Streaming video (though I get real time streaming video with Mpeg4).

Would be nice if you could record with other compression methods, and stream over the network with H.264, something like how the Iview DVR does it, with Mpeg4 and Wavelet.

Overall that recorded video file looks good for a non Windows DVR, though they really need to improve the client GUI cosmetically, and add a 16 camera view. As for locally and how the DVR holds up, would need some real world testing to comment on that, though most decent stand alones are very high quality on the local monitor.

What Jasper said, with most decent PC DVRs you will get the same or better quality for evidence sharing.

I did not watch every single one of them but I did watch most of them. Just about every single one to me looked slightly grainy especially the black guy at the bar. The only one that looked clean and crisp was the one from rory and the extreme in his front drive way. That one looked pretty good.

Here is a video I just pulled from my own personal surveillance system. I dont usually show my cameras but this is a one time thing.

This is no special event just an extremely dark situation with but what else my favortire the 484 (thats what my personall system consist of). But this low light seems be impressive to me.

http://arksurveillance.com/lowlight.mp4

Now that one looks good. Is that from the ICR DVR? What settings?

Don't tell me your still up from last night..

Green again. And no, I am not in the UK

The clip you posted before this was pretty good. All the others were plagued with motion artifacts.

I did not watch every single one of them but I did watch most of them. Just about every single one to me looked slightly grainy especially the black guy at the bar. The only one that looked clean and crisp was the one from rory and the extreme in his front drive way. That one looked pretty good.

Here is a video I just pulled from my own personal surveillance system. I dont usually show my cameras but this is a one time thing.

This is no special event just an extremely dark situation with but what else my favortire the 484 (thats what my personall system consist of). But this low light seems be impressive to me.

http://arksurveillance.com/lowlight.mp4

That is why I asked you to download Rorys clip. He can focus a camera. Plus his video is from outside, which you can't compare to a dark indoor environment like a bar. The first two videos I posted of the bar were terrible. I used the worst quality settings possible. Of course there is going to be graininess. One was taken after hours when there was hardly any light so the people could steal a sign.

The one with the black guy in it, if I had the amount of light that you had in that room you were in, it would have looked great.

The only way you can really compare DVR's is to have the exact identical scene and cameras. I think the ICRealtime would do well because it is using a much lower bit rate and probably has some good hardware compression going on. That has to be taken into consideration also, although you said throw all that by the wayside. Well you can't do that, because you end up short changing the ICRealtime.

I just don’t think from the clips I have seen so far that the ICRelatime has been presented in a way that shows off its quality. That would be a nice outdoor shot or a room with even lighting. I bet they have some nice clips that better demonstrate the ability of that DVR.

Wow!! There's been aload of talk about this IC realtime dvr..... Got an idea, If anyone has not been satisfied with the performance thus far or has been seeing "green"(green with envy if ya ask me) why not call IC Realtime and take a couple of minutes and have a professional demonstration of the product done with Matt or one of the techs?? We all know there are lots of little issues that contribute to a DVR's performance, so if you've experienced something undesireable call the manufacturer and get it resolved instead of speculating about it. Then make a informed post after you've had the demo. Now don't get me wrong, Constructive criticism is always appreciated and if there is a problem I'm sure ICR would like to know about it as would I...but I think you need to have a demo done for ya to truly appreciate and understand what this product offers.

Just a thought...

I went through the demo and saw the same motion artifacts. It honestly did not look as good as a correctly set up Geo or Aver system.

Now if you are comparing it to other stand alones that are out there, then I would say it compares favorably. Feature wise it is very impressive.

Thanks for the honest informed post. This DVR can't be everything to everybody( nor can any dvr being marketed today) but the arguement stands that for the money it is one of the best overall, high performance, advanced feature, and stable dvr 's that we've ever sold. You can't ask for much more than that in todays market.

Thanks for the honest informed post. This DVR can't be everything to everybody( nor can any dvr being marketed today) but the arguement stands that for the money it is one of the best overall, high performance, advanced feature, and stable dvr 's that we've ever sold. You can't ask for much more than that in todays market.

You are welcome. And thanks for the responsive sales pitch.

I went through the demo and saw the same motion artifacts. It honestly did not look as good as a correctly set up Geo or Aver system.

Now if you are comparing it to other stand alones that are out there, then I would say it compares favorably. Feature wise it is very impressive.

What motion artifacts are you in reference to. I see clear fluid movement with no artifacts at all. Have you looked at this clip yet.

http://cctv.files4u.info/ICR_Kand_Front_PTZ.avi

The motion artifacts being referred to are if you look anywhere in the video,live or playback where you have vertical or horizontal lines, you will see the artifacts as very light blue/orange hues .

This is mainly typical of all embedded DVR's as they do not have there own graphics card driving the video feeds!

Well, VJD this is a thread in the Stand Alone Embedded section of this forum. We are not trying to compare to GEO or Avermedia(Totally different world). And look at the cost of a Realtime Geo or Aver DVR with Audio on every channel, comperable in specs, not even close. So having that said, I would like someone to post a clip of a StandAlone DVR or comparison to a S/A DVR that looks better than this unit. I honestly have not seen one, Especially for the money.

Rory, do you have any clips from the GE dvr's you have used, and love ?