A lot of interest in this name all of the sudden so Im interested.

I have a 4 camera setup for the last 4 years and its been working fine.

But not as good as this system seems to be.

Well I learned today that my dads car was stolen last night and it was right at his back porch, and about 200 feet from my bedroom.

And yes, in the direction I dont have any cameras. I need to move up to a 8 camera system.

So from the way this ICRealtime sounds Im betting a 8 channel setup is over a thousand dollars.

I didn't see any dealers online.

You are better buying local to you where you can get tech support when you need it rather then buying online.

What do you think?

From what I have tested, all of these Chinese H264 units are limited in ways that I will not accept..

One channel playback.

One channel client software setup.

One channel remote playback setup.

CIF (320x240) only recording resolution.

Now some claim to have firmware upgrades that can change all of this to 4 channel and D1.... but with the same processing power, they simply choke.

This technology is based on individual processors originally designed for digital cameras. This is why they can only work with one channel at a time. Not a true multi-channel DVR processor. (there are some coming soon though!)

You should also know that most of these units are not "true" H264 but in fact MPEG4. Thye list them at (H264/MPEG4) There are very few honest companies in China. Very few that will give accurate specifications for both cameras and DVRs. After all, who's gonna stop them?

You are better buying local to you where you can get tech support when you need it rather then buying online.

Well ICRealtime dont have any listings for any dealers that I can find.

Maybe they only sell direct from their site.

They provide to AV dealers who deal with hometheater companies, and such.

If you contact a local dealer they can call ICRealtime, and set up an account with no problem!

I just wanted to thank all of you for the praise that my DVR has been receiving on this forum. My name is Matt Sailor and I am the owner of IC Realtime Security Solutions. If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I will promote this site to all of my dealers. I think it is a great tool that needs to be circulated more. Thanks again.

Looks like Matt hasn't been back in a couple years.

I emailed them anyway.

Yes, it records at D1, and it records at 30 fps.

Menu > Camera

scroll down, and you should see resolution

Use your arrow buttons to make changes

Old remote viewer

http://www.icrealtime.com/docs/RemoteClientManual.pdf

The second icon looks like two gears Network Parameter

(Remote System Parameter Config)

host system setup

camera tab

resolution (settings)

This should give you a new window where you can set each camera.

There is a pull down for each camera.

Now you can change your resolution.

Select "full" for 30 fps

Which unit are you refering to?

I have a 16 Ch Flex R30 and still not able to record D1 @ 30FPS.

I found the following with the ICR pro I had:

-crashed the first time I tried to download a file

-unable to confirm recordings were 30 FPS D1 as output looked CIFy AVIs were CIF only; only bmp pictures could be saved and they were CIF

-very unstable on LAN or direct connect; connectivity was usually lost when downloads were tried - to recover, a reboot at the machine was required

-video related settings in System Setup overrode the timed and motion recording settings if pre-record was selected

-unable to confirm watermarking

The above could have been firmware related.

BUT

- LAN delivered video looked good

- the unit ran cool

- fan noise was acceptable

Well Sandy at IC Realtime finally sent me a couple of dealers names but after I did a google search for the DVR Pro 8 and saw the price of 3 grand I sent her a email back asking what the suggested retail is just to be sure.

This is WAY out of my league.

In the US with Eastern Time you can call (866) 997 9009, and you can ask for Frank. He will set you up with a Demo that will not your socks off!

From what I have tested, all of these Chinese H264 units are limited in ways that I will not accept..

One channel playback.

One channel client software setup.

One channel remote playback setup.

CIF (320x240) only recording resolution.

Now some claim to have firmware upgrades that can change all of this to 4 channel and D1.... but with the same processing power, they simply choke.

This technology is based on individual processors originally designed for digital cameras. This is why they can only work with one channel at a time. Not a true multi-channel DVR processor. (there are some coming soon though!)

You should also know that most of these units are not "true" H264 but in fact MPEG4. Thye list them at (H264/MPEG4) There are very few honest companies in China. Very few that will give accurate specifications for both cameras and DVRs. After all, who's gonna stop them?

Hi,

What did you test? Offer the brands that you have tested.

One channel playback. ---Most Chinese DVR is like this... you shouldn't complain if you didn't make yourself sure about this before you buy the DVR;

One channel client software setup. ----not true.

One channel remote playback setup. ---not true.

CIF (320x240) only recording resolution. ---wrong! 16ch recording @ 480fps @ 702*576. Check ours if you are not happy;

Now some claim to have firmware upgrades that can change all of this to 4 channel and D1.... but with the same processing power, they simply choke. ----D1 or CIF is determined by the hardware resource, how can a CIF unit be upgraded to be D1 through software upgrade?

H.264 =MPEG4 Part10(MPEG4 AVC) or H.264(JVT). Check carefully with the DVR supplier not only from China. "After all, who's gonna stop them?" good thinking! A Chinese saying goes like"a single palm never clap", so pls try to keep fair when you give a conclusion to something.

Jasmine

Hi Jasmine,

Nice to hear from you!

Glad to see that you have a bit of "spicy" in your blood. Funny, you never talked this way when we met at your factory.

I have tested all of the chinese h264 DVRs platforms, including yours. To be fare, your DVR is actually pretty good and the most complete from the selection, but still limited for my taste. My favorite is Hangbang but they also have a big problem with network choking. So, at the end, no real winners.

oh and by the way.. I can clap with one hand!

Have ever we met? in our factory?

I'm afraid that you mistaken me as someone else? not sure...

I'm not so professional as you, for many things I'm still learning,,,

In what ways do you think our DVR is limited? When is the last time you bought from us/ Tmvideo? Pls offer me your answer, this is very important for us.

Now, we have some new DVR coming out, they are SATA type, dvd-burner and mouse compatible, and some new functions are added to both hardware and software. If you like, I'm happy to share my time with you.

Jasmine

Its been a while since I tested your technology... so yes, maybe you have some new specs..

tell me..

Can you playback more than one channel on the local machine?

Does the unit have a network speed throttle? Or network speed display?

Are you using H264 "on chip" technology or software based compression?

What CPU does the unit use? what speed?

Can the unit recycle video without creating a slower working environment?

Hi~

I'm just back from a security show in Shenzhen. Tired...

For your questions.

1. 1 channel playback at local end.

2. network speed display.---this can be done if you need.

3. H.264 "on chip" ir software based.---H.264 is written on the chip.

4. CPU & speed--- Philips NXP1700 DSP, 500Mhz/sec

5. the unit recycle video without creating a slower working environment----yes.

Hi~

I'm just back from a security show in Shenzhen. Tired...

For your questions.

1. 1 channel playback at local end.

2. network speed display.---this can be done if you need.

3. H.264 "on chip" ir software based.---H.264 is written on the chip.

4. CPU & speed--- Philips NXP1700 DSP, 500Mhz/sec

5. the unit recycle video without creating a slower working environment----yes.

Hi,

Where can your DVRs be purchased from (North America)?Is there a list of prices that I can read? I am interested in the D1 DVRs.

Thanx,

George

good job Jasmine...

Looks to me like Dudu man is ready to buy from you.

He did not read between the lines to notice that your DVR is limited.

You have your USA distributor ready to purchase.

Your customer service is 100 percent! How about your products?

good job Jasmine...

I'm sorry I can not read between the lines about your points...

Nothing is perfect in this world, something is strong in this point while is weak in that point. Every coin has two sides. I don't say our DVR is perfect nor our customer service is 100%.

I'm just keeping to be objective, this is important no matter you do work or you live.

If you have got a perfect DVR, pls just share it here; if not, I'm afraid you will have to try some new models for always. Even though you've got a perfect DVR today, but it will be imperfect tomorrow, because everything keeps changing everyday. Even what you think is perfect will be imperfect for others, because there's too many factors involved when we evaluate something including your subjectivity. Besides, big names is not necessorily as good as they call as you know, but you never know something if you don't try by yourself.

If you like to know more about our product, pls pm me your email, I will send you our product list.

Jasmine

good job Jasmine...

I'm sorry I can not read between the lines about your points...

Nothing is perfect in this world, something is strong in this point while is weak in that point. Every coin has two sides. I don't say our DVR is perfect nor our customer service is 100%.

I'm just keeping to be objective, this is important no matter you do work or you live.

If you have got a perfect DVR, pls just share it here; if not, I'm afraid you will have to try some new models for always. Even though you've got a perfect DVR today, but it will be imperfect tomorrow, because everything keeps changing everyday. Even what you think is perfect will be imperfect for others, because there's too many factors involved when we evaluate something including your subjectivity. Besides, big names is not necessorily as good as they call as you know, but you never know something if you don't try by yourself.

If you like to know more about our product, pls pm me your email, I will send you our product list.

Jasmine

[/title] you will be locked out of your own equipment [/title]

your experience will depend entirely on your installer. we are using "communications by johnson".

yesterday i requested a fix of our equipment, which is not working. i was told by the manufacturer that i am not authorized to fix this equipment. i must have it fixed by the an authorized distributor. i contacted commbyjohnson, and was not given the password that i needed to reprogram it. randy sr. of commbyjohnson told me to send them a work request from the owner, which we did yesterday. today, our system is still down. icrealtime customer service manager joshua reinke told me i would have to have my system password reset by another authorized distributor, and i also requested this yesterday. the person that they referred me to did not have a reset code, and then did not follow up with a return call. actually, no one has followed up with a return call to check the status of our system, not icrealtime, not commbyjohnson, and not the third party that icrealtime referred me to that was suppose to reset my password

i understand the positive reviews here. i too had a positive review because of similar experience. however, after the past 24 hours, i have come to resent icrealtime for taking away one day of my life with nothing to show for it except for this review.

to be fair, i have contacted icrealtime and shared this post with them, offering to correct any mistakes. they have not replied as of yet