Sign in to follow this  
kevinmac

Tools to detect hidden camera in a room?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but since you guys discuss serveillence, I'll give it a try. Basically my office where I work I have a room where I do my work. I often have meetings with my future clients and I suspect that there might be hidden cameras placed in my room. Obviously I could manually check everything from top to bottom but this is tiring. I was wondering if there was an affordable effective tool or detector that would detect the hidden cameras.

Could be ... Might be ..... Next time your seeing a client .......take him to Starbucks for a coffee.

Are you talking to clients for the company your work for .??

It's not unusual for businesses to record verbal contract or terms

With new clients

Ask your boss before you buy anything

well it could be for anyone who I don't want listening or viewing me in my office. I could take them but sometimes I would not be able to, so for those times, is there no detector of some sort that I can just quickly walk around and scan through for hidden cams?

I think you might have been watching too many James Bond movies.

Haha. No. You can get small cameras as big as a pinhole now a days and they are cheap. Maybe in the james bond days that was too high tech to believe but now its a reality, so my questions still remains...

All such devices are of metal. All electronics generate a certain frequency and needs electric power. Video signal contains: 27Mhz /3.57 Mhz/4.43Mhz/54 Mhz/148.5Mhz. You may check out "frequency detector" on the internet or amazon.

All such devices are of metal. All electronics generate a certain frequency and needs electric power. Video signal contains: 27Mhz /3.57 Mhz/4.43Mhz/54 Mhz/148.5Mhz. You may check out "frequency detector" on the internet or amazon.

Analog Camera detectors usually pick up Hor 15.734 Khz

You could be right for NTSC. 15625 Hz for PAL system(625 Line X 25 Frame Per second). But those numbers I have listed is for possibly system clock for operating camera chip sets, including HD camera.

You could be right for NTSC. 15625 Hz for PAL system(625 Line X 25 Frame Per second). But those numbers I have listed is for possibly system clock for operating camera chip sets, including HD camera.

262.5 lines * 60 * 1000/1001 Hz = 15734.2657.. lines

horizontal frequency ≈ 15734 Hz for NTSC

All such devices are of metal.

unless it's optical fibre feeding the image to a remote sensor.

This one claims to find any camera.

Would you suppose it's legit? I saw the video and it says it senses the microchip but isn't it supposed to only detect the lens by reflecting a laser?

I think you might have been watching too many James Bond movies.

Haha. No. You can get small cameras as big as a pinhole now a days and they are cheap. Maybe in the james bond days that was too high tech to believe but now its a reality, so my questions still remains...

You really can't get one that small. There are cameras called pinhole cameras, but they are massively bigger than a pinhole. Lenses, even on really tiny cams, are still small enough that if you walk around the room and look at possible areas something could be hidden you'll be able to see a lens.