Is there any way to include "VS Viewer" with a downloaded file to put on a usb stick so that the file can be automatically opened on someone else's computer with VS Viewer

Anyone, ? I need it for police etc. who want to view incidents without having to install programs to do it.

When I worked with Geovision, the saved video file was put on a usb and it included the Geovision player , you just had to open one file to view the player and footage.

Thanks D.

If you really need to do that so much, export the video file to any common format, and google "avi to exe" for ways of making an executable from a video.

Is there any way to include "VS Viewer" with a downloaded file to put on a usb stick so that the file can be automatically opened on someone else's computer with VS Viewer

Yes, you can do that.

Are you exporting from NVR or from iVMS or from camera?

Yes, you can do that.

Are you exporting from NVR or from iVMS or from camera?

Share that info!

...Waiting ... I have tried with vlc player which is easy for someone to install but its playback is very limited and not very useful to analyze a video clip

Sorry, I forgot about this thread

Ok. So you can do something like this:

1. Put VSPlayer 7.1.1 on USB stick

It doesn't need administrator rights, it doesn't need to be installed, just run it.

You can download newest version from here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6833159/soft/VSPlayer%207.1.1.zip

This software will also show video analytic "frames", like from face detection, tracking, virtual line etc.

You can make digital zoom, watch different cams at same time, sync. playback and so on.

2. Using local output and mouse from NVR

Just add files to download, click export and then mark "Player".

This player is rly basic, but it works.

WP_20150506_09_46_52_Pro.thumb.jpg.44e3f9b7db5d95388911139fceb9e7cb.jpg

Wow Korgoth Of Barbaria you are a star , I didn't think it could be that easy, unfortunately I needed to download the video via web browser or ivms as the dvr's are buried far away from the office where they watch/record the video. So I did what you suggested , I put the vs player on the usb , open the containing folder and the last file in the list is the player , I then drag the recorded file and drop it on vs player . I think this the simplest way to do this. I just have to put clear instructions on their desktop and hope for the best.

Thanks again, you have saved me a lot of time !

For those that are interested, I have made simple instructions for people wanting to do this. I also put a shortcut on desktop called "Video File Save" and I put the VSPlayer file into the desktop "Video File Save" folder

VIDEO FILE SAVE

1. During Playback or LiveView in iVMS bring mouse on to camera view and click on the red button to start recording and click again to stop.

The files are saved in a folder on Desktop called "Video File Save"

(I have put a shortcut on their desktop and put the VSPlayer files in there also)

2. Insert USB drive in Computer and open up

3. Open "Video File Save" on desktop

4. Drag "VSPlayer" and drop it on the USB drive

5. Open "Record File" and open the saved video file with the corect date and time

6. Rename the file if you like

7. Drag the renamed file and drop it on "VSPlayer"

8. Drag and drop "Instructions To Play"on to the USB also

( I have put the "Instructions To Play" in a folder also in the "Video File Save" folder)

To play the video from the USB Drive

1. Open VSPlayer File

2. Go to the bottom of the list of files and you will see "VSPlayer" ... open it

3. When the player shows up click "Open File" ... a list of files will appear

4. Find the renamed file in the list and open it , there are 2x files, a photo and the video

5. Click on the video file and open it

Your video will start to play

It all looks a bit confusing but when it's done it's really easy, if there are any corrections or suggestions let me know