Anybody know of a PTZ camera (Outdoor) that has integrated IR. I would assume the IR would need to be mounted externally for IR glare. But, how would it follow the camera? Or, would the PTZ just have multiple IR's with broad spectrums to cover all areas. Any ideas?

This is all I have found so far. Anyone used this before, or anything similar:

39147_1.jpg

Specifications:

Infrared LED range up to 80 meters

Weatherproof design, high die-cast aluminum casing

Superb shock resistance, especially suitable for car surveillance systems

360-degree continuous rotation, upward angle up to 180 degrees

Power supply: 10.5V-8V DC

39147_2.jpg

Specifications:

With infrared LED range up to 100 meters, it could catching image promptly at night

Weatherproof design, high die-cast aluminum casing, protection grade IP66

Super shockproof, especially suitable for car surveillance

360-degree continuously rotation, upward angle up to 180 degrees

6 cruising tracks, each cruising track has 16 preset positions,128 preset positions

Input voltage: DC10.5V-DC18V

With wiper

"r2d2's retarded cousin!!!! " ....LOL

Yea, I am too interested in how this works....Someone here had to have seen it in action.

Well... maybe not "integrated" and maybe not what you're looking for... and maybe nothing new to you but anyway here is what I wrote before I re-read your original post and remembered that it wasn't a newbie asking...

Ignore as necessary...

Just not a good option with PTZ domes but very do-able with the good old long boxy varieties. Take for example Pelco Legacy PTZ stuff (last I knew... couple of years ago... still, unfortunately, not an option with IOP Esprit product)... anyway any PTZ where Illuminators (like lamp type probably not LED) can be attached to the camera housing (needs a beefy PT Driver)... so it moves with it. Limited life expectancy on everything mechanical and "lampy" of course and IR (if, for example optimized for distance) will probably overachieve or underachieve at opposing distance. I think Extreme had a Pelco/Extreme co-op (or oem) hybrid thing couple years ago but cant find it easily now (actually can't find anything easily on Extreme's site). BTW Pelco offered "lamp" Illuminators with either "spot" (distance) or "flood" (coverage) bulb choices. Probably an especially good "gig" if you could land maintenance (bulb replacement) service contract.

Another one for your consideration (anyone got 35K I can borrow?):

http://www.vumii.com/productsitem.jsp?content=1

Discoverii%20Photo1.jpg

Product Name: Discoverii

Price: $35,000.00

Company Name: Vumii, Inc.

Web Address: www.vumii.com

Discoverii is a day/night PTZ surveillance system that uses patent-pending laser illumination coupled with 25x optical zoom to produce natural contrast imagery in zero light with a one mile range. Users maintain situational awareness through integrated panoramic orientation software.

Another one for your consideration (anyone got 35K I can borrow?):

http://www.vumii.com/productsitem.jsp?content=1

Discoverii%20Photo1.jpg

Product Name: Discoverii

Price: $35,000.00

Company Name: Vumii, Inc.

Web Address: www.vumii.com

Discoverii is a day/night PTZ surveillance system that uses patent-pending laser illumination coupled with 25x optical zoom to produce natural contrast imagery in zero light with a one mile range. Users maintain situational awareness through integrated panoramic orientation software.

Yeah they emailed me before from off this forum actually, the guys in Israel.

Rory

For 35K you can hire a couple dozen Israeli men to do foor patrols over the one mile area...

Scottj

Vumii was a good system 5 years ago but there still using the same technology and 1/3 480TVL sensor very old and outdated technology now, Look at Ascendent instead.

Ascendent Sigma Cameras Are cheaper on the base price and offer much longer range then vumii.

Up to 5km of ZLID zoom laser IR Diode illumination

Optics up to 6000mm

Uncooled and Cooled Thermal Imaging for wide angle target acquisition

Gyro stabilized and digital image stabilization

HD options not just a 1/3 480tvl camera that vumii uses

Endless 360 pan tilt

customized options

Start at $22,000 for 2km of IR and a 1000mm lens.

Demo Video: http://www.youtube.com/user/AscendentGroup?feature=watch