chavito

NEED HELP LOREX or SWANN

hi, everyone. I am trying to set up a camera system on my house. I am undecided to what system i should get. I am new to all this, i really do not know anything about brands and camera systems. I do know that i want the NVR system because of easy set up. I am looking at the following systems. Any help i will really appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.costco.com/Swann-8-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-4-3MP-HD-IP-Cameras.product.100146086.html

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-4-1080p-Cameras.product.100153164.html

Personally I think you can do better than both of those systems. Do some research in your area and I am sure you can get a better value.

Neither of those brands are great quality.

What do you suggest, brands. I just want something reliable but some what cheap. Thanks

Both are fine...one is lorex is rebranded dahua (flir in this case) and the swann is hikvision...

Costco is a great value because of their unlimited return policy and if you dont need specific camera types like dome or different lenses (2.8mm or 6mm) then those are perfectly fine..they will be the same as dahua and hikvision.

thank you very much for your response. With that being said, which one is better or it really doesn't matter one from another. I heard that Lorex has bad customer service..Also my budget for a 4 camera system is 1000 or less. thanks

thank you very much for your response. With that being said, which one is better or it really doesn't matter one from another. I heard that Lorex has bad customer service..Also my budget for a 4 camera system is 1000 or less. thanks

They are both pretty much the same...save the 200 and go with lorex..the beauty of costco is that of you dont like it at some point simply bring it back.