NAN

Beginner Questions

Hi All " title="Applause" /> ,

I need to have a good understanding for the camera conductivities and I will with your support : )

I'm a beginner in this field and I have list of questions so please if you know any one of it kindly benefit me

Q's:

1- How to know from the datasheet of the camera if it's analog or digital?

2- Is this a model of camera or a company ( NKF )?

3- Can we use CAT6 with analog camera ? if yes why in some cases we are using COAX ?

4- why to use the Video Tx and Rx for the analog cameras and why we connect them to fiber optic cable, is it

because the long distances?

5- Can we use the COAX for the long distance?

6- when to use the RJ 45 connector?

7- How they calculate the network bandwidth? which calculations and formulas they used?depending on what?

8- Is SFP in switches 1 GbPs or 10 Gbps?

9- why we connecting the encoder to the industrial switch with CAT6 not FO.

Thank you in advance.

No one : ( ?

Many have read your post ...... But to answer your questions right would mean typing for hours page after page

http://www.cctvforum.com/glossary.php

thank you tomcctv.

it's not expected from one person to answer all questions.

and thank you for the glossary : )

NKF is a basically an op telecom company which provides a complete variety of network products related to an open technology platform which is specialized in integration and installation. It provides services in the following departments namely highway departments, airports, public transport authorities, hospitals, city centers and corporate and government campuses.

plenty of info on the internet - even books from amazon- a little research should get you going - and you will learn more while looking for your answers.

let me see if I can assist a little and I am not promoting or endorsing any link I post just simply doing some

quick googling to give you some info links.

Q's:

If the camera has only a BNC Coax port it's analog, if the resolution states 420TVL,

540TVL, 600TVL, D1, 4CIF, 960H, SDI, TVI, CVI, AHD it's analog. 720P (1 megapixel-mp), 1080p (2mp),

3mp, 5mp, 8mp (4K), etc.. are going to be IP and they will have an Ethernet RJ45 connection on them

What Rachel said

3- Can we use CAT6 with analog camera ? if yes why in some cases we are using COAX ?

Cat5 or 6 cabling is already prewired, use a balun or possible longer distances

some info - http://tinyurl.com/num3spr

4- why to use the Video Tx and Rx for the analog cameras and why we connect them to fiber optic cable, is it

Fiber definitely allows for longer distances and less noise interference more info - http://tinyurl.com/o82xhzp

how long is long to you? usually RG59 cable goes about 600-700ft and RG6 like 1000ft

for what? analog cctv? refer back to question 3? or when to use IP cameras? better resolutions and options.

7- How they calculate the network bandwidth? which calculations and formulas they used?depending on what?

typically for analog going to DVR's I don't think you need to worry about bandwidth to the DVR and the cameras will

probably do anywhere from 100-800kbps. IP camera bandwidth to the recording server is dependent on the resolution

of the camera, frame rate, compression (H.264, MJPEG, MPEG4), and image quality. Typically 1-5 megapixel type cameras

could do anywhere from 500kbps to 12Mbps roughly of bandwidth each back to the recording server.

Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) is generally 1 Gigabit or there are some 100Mbps Fiber modules

SFP+ is for 10 Gigabit. SFPs come in multimode fiber (MMF) or singlemode (SMF) so, you do need to know which

type of cabling is being run or the distances you need to go. Using MMF you can go 500meters on 50 micron cabling or 220m if

using 62.5 micron. Need to go farther look at SMF. 100mbps fiber generally goes 2km on multimode.

SFP info link - http://tinyurl.com/yk9fznu

9- why we connecting the encoder to the industrial switch with CAT6

If you are talking about an IP based encoder with analog/coax ports on it then it's because it's

an IP device. The analog signals will be converted to digital, travel across the network through the Ethernet switch

and be recording to a server and viewed with software. An industrial switch is used if it's a temperature issue, outside issue, or something

that needs more protection then just a regular indoor commercial switch.

hope this helps

let me see if I can assist a little and I am not promoting or endorsing any link I post just simply doing some

quick googling to give you some info links.

Q's:

If the camera has only a BNC Coax port it's analog, if the resolution states 420TVL,

540TVL, 600TVL, D1, 4CIF, 960H, SDI, TVI, CVI, AHD it's analog. 720P (1 megapixel-mp), 1080p (2mp),

3mp, 5mp, 8mp (4K), etc.. are going to be IP and they will have an Ethernet RJ45 connection on them

What Rachel said

Cat5 or 6 cabling is already prewired, use a balun or possible longer distances

some info - http://tinyurl.com/num3spr

Fiber definitely allows for longer distances and less noise interference more info - http://tinyurl.com/o82xhzp

how long is long to you? usually RG59 cable goes about 600-700ft and RG6 like 1000ft

for what? analog cctv? refer back to question 3? or when to use IP cameras? better resolutions and options.

typically for analog going to DVR's I don't think you need to worry about bandwidth to the DVR and the cameras will

probably do anywhere from 100-800kbps. IP camera bandwidth to the recording server is dependent on the resolution

of the camera, frame rate, compression (H.264, MJPEG, MPEG4), and image quality. Typically 1-5 megapixel type cameras

could do anywhere from 500kbps to 12Mbps roughly of bandwidth each back to the recording server.

Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) is generally 1 Gigabit or there are some 100Mbps Fiber modules

SFP+ is for 10 Gigabit. SFPs come in multimode fiber (MMF) or singlemode (SMF) so, you do need to know which

type of cabling is being run or the distances you need to go. Using MMF you can go 500meters on 50 micron cabling or 220m if

using 62.5 micron. Need to go farther look at SMF. 100mbps fiber generally goes 2km on multimode.

SFP info link - http://tinyurl.com/yk9fznu

9- why we connecting the encoder to the industrial switch with CAT6

If you are talking about an IP based encoder with analog/coax ports on it then it's because it's

an IP device. The analog signals will be converted to digital, travel across the network through the Ethernet switch

and be recording to a server and viewed with software. An industrial switch is used if it's a temperature issue, outside issue, or something

that needs more protection then just a regular indoor commercial switch.

hope this helps

All my customers will be given your ph number

It has been a long time to thank you , but really thank you ericq, each time I get confused I back to your answers