LittleScoobyMaster

Hikvision 4K Smart Outdoor Dome Camera - DS-2CD4585F-I(Z)(H)

Thought I would start a separate thread for this camera so it doesn't get confused with the other 4K Hikvision cameras that are starting to come out.

http://bkeesti.ee/upload/Hikvision/DS-2CD4585F.pdf

This camera can record video at up to 4096 x 2160 at 30 fps.

From initial reports it appears that this particular camera may only cost around $327 or slightly more.

Has anyone been able to try this camera yet or obtain any info about it like the release date, etc.?

It would be nice to see some night time shots from this camera as soon as they are available.

Thought I would start a separate thread for this camera so it doesn't get confused with the other 4K Hikvision cameras that are starting to come out.

From initial reports it appears that this particular camera may only cost around $327 or slightly more.

Has anyone been able to try this camera yet or obtain any info about it like the release date, etc.?

It would be nice to see some night time shots from this camera as soon as they are available.

Man, stop getting prices from some Asian websites, those are fake.

I've got dome version of this camera (indoor) and it costs $1258 MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price), even if you get super discount It wont be even close to 327 USD.

They put 1/1.7" sensor inside those 4k cameras, so the lens part probably cost more than 327USD.

Maybe if you buy it using "smart-try" program, but you can get only get 2 cameras.

I've got dome version of this camera (indoor) and it costs $1258 MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price), even if you get super discount It wont be even close to 327 USD.

They put 1/1.7" sensor inside those 4k cameras, so the lens part probably cost more than 327USD.

Maybe if you buy it using "smart-try" program, but you can get only get 2 cameras.

You might be on to something here. I'm going by the pricing that NiToNi has provided in the previous Hikvision 4K camera thread and he has listed this :

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.4qnN2v&id=44906942673&ns=1#detail

And looking at that url very closely, I don't think it is for the DS-2CD4585F-I(Z)(H) as the highest resolution listed in the link above is only 1920x1080.

NiToNi, do you have a reliable link for the DS-2CD4585F-I(Z)(H)?

The one you posted in the previous thread appears to be for a different camera unfortunately.

You might be on to something here. I'm going by the pricing that NiToNi has provided in the previous Hikvision 4K camera thread and he has listed this :

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.4qnN2v&id=44906942673&ns=1#detail

And looking at that url very closely, I don't think it is for the DS-2CD4585F-I(Z)(H) as the highest resolution listed in the link above is only 1920x1080.

The one you posted in the previous thread appears to be for a different camera unfortunately.

I work very close to Hikvision, like FOR Hikvision (kind off) right now, so I think my prices are accurate

I work very close to Hikvision, like FOR Hikvision (kind off) right now, so I think my prices are accurate

Holy Farts!

I just received an e-mail from Hikvision and they said this camera, the DS-2CD4585F-I(Z)(H) will have an MSRP of $2,651.00

That seems high to me. Is that what you show as an MSRP for this one as well?

They said the ETA for availability was in June. These two news items makes me cry like a little kid who just got kicked out of the candy store.

Please tell me it ain't so! I think this is all NiToNi's fault...

When will the $327 4K Hikvision that NiToNi promised be available?

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Michelle.Chiles wrote:

All Hikvision products are sold via authorized distributors. If you can give me a better idea of the Security distributors that you shop with, I can help with pricing. Some of our authorized distributors are ADI, Anixter, CES, CSC, Tri-Ed. In the meantime MSRP is $2,651.00 and the product should be available in June.

Well, I have been in dialogue over the last couple of days with Shenzhen DSD Technology Co., Ltd (http://www.dsdcctv.com) that markets itself on Alibaba:

http://dsdsecurity.en.alibaba.com/product/60240658245-219231951/Hikvision_ip_camera_2015_new_released_cameras_DS_2CD4A85F_IZ_H_S_.html

; and have received the following quotes:

(i) DS-2CD4585F-IZ with 2.8-12mm motorized varifocal lens, price is $565.

(ii) DS-2CD4585F-I, 4K smart IR IP dome camera, support PoE, max 40M IR, built in 2.8-12mm varifocal lens, price is $485.

(iii) DS-2CD2432F-IW, 3MP IR cube WIFI IP camera, with 4mm lens default, price is $125.

Shipping is not included and they have yet to provide me with a quote for this (calculated depending on order size), however since they promise fast delivery (3-5 business days after payment) I would assume they would use one of the global express couriers which drives the price up (est. $50-75 perhaps plus VAT & duty).

I had asked for a quote also for the 2432, not only because I am in the market for three of these too (for the kids' bedrooms) but also so I could better benchmark their pricing in general against other sellers. The cheapest I have found this camera from other sellers on Aliexpress with good feedback is $115 but then with free shipping, probably by airmail using EMS, Hong Kong or Singapore Post or similar (slower but more likely to go through customs without any extra import charges than DHL, FedEx, UPS etc).

Re firmware, they have said that the DS-2CD2432F-IW comes with English v5.2.5 and can be continuously upgraded with official firmwares from Hikvision's EU & US website), while I am still waiting to hear back from them on the DS-2CD4585F-IZ as their engineer is currently in the process of testing out this new model. As long as it is in English, that's good enough for me. "English" hex hard coded flag would just be a bonus AFAIAC.

I will most likely place an order with these guys (with whom I have zero affiliation btw) but if you are not comfortable in doing the same, it should only be a matter of time before these start popping up on Aliexpress and eBay soon at competitive prices similar to those above. Unfortunately $327 was a bit too optimistic, especially for the motorized -Z model with distortion correction, but I'm sure they can be found cheaper locally in China still than what I've been quoted for export.

Well, I have been in dialogue over the last couple of days with Shenzhen DSD Technology Co., Ltd (http://www.dsdcctv.com) that markets itself on Alibaba:

http://dsdsecurity.en.alibaba.com/product/60240658245-219231951/Hikvision_ip_camera_2015_new_released_cameras_DS_2CD4A85F_IZ_H_S_.html

; and have received the following quotes:

(i) DS-2CD4585F-IZ with 2.8-12mm motorized varifocal lens, price is $565.

(ii) DS-2CD4585F-I, 4K smart IR IP dome camera, support PoE, max 40M IR, built in 2.8-12mm varifocal lens, price is $485.

(iii) DS-2CD2432F-IW, 3MP IR cube WIFI IP camera, with 4mm lens default, price is $125.

Shipping is not included and they have yet to provide me with a quote for this (calculated depending on order size), however since they promise fast delivery (3-5 business days after payment) I would assume they would use one of the global express couriers which drives the price up (est. $50-75 perhaps plus VAT & duty).

I had asked for a quote also for the 2432, not only because I am in the market for three of these too (for the kids' bedrooms) but also so I could better benchmark their pricing in general against other sellers. The cheapest I have found this camera from other sellers on Aliexpress with good feedback is $115 but then with free shipping, probably by airmail using EMS, Hong Kong or Singapore Post or similar (slower but more likely to go through customs without any extra import charges than DHL, FedEx, UPS etc).

Thanks for the info NiToNi.

Good to see some pricing info for these. I should set up alerts on ebay to notify me when they get them. I'd like to see how these would look on a 4k tv. I see that the Network Camera critic website has just announced they will continue to be doing camera reviews. If you end up getting any of these I bet they would let you put up a review on the site. I bet quite a few people will be waiting to see how these perform.

I had asked for a quote also for the 2432, not only because I am in the market for three of these too (for the kids' bedrooms)

Um... I'd hate to be your kids. What kind of message is this sending.

As far as that goes, I can't see any reason to have a camera anywhere inside your own house. (unless you're concerned about your wife or babysitter)

I had asked for a quote also for the 2432, not only because I am in the market for three of these too (for the kids' bedrooms)

Um... I'd hate to be your kids. What kind of message is this sending.

As far as that goes, I can't see any reason to have a camera anywhere inside your own house. (unless you're concerned about your wife or babysitter)

.......because he camera here asking for your advice in this subject...

.......because he camera here asking for your advice in this subject...

Huh?

It was a sarcastic comment to your parenting advice that was not requested.

What are you guys using to record the video? NVR or pc with software? I would imagine 4k video taking up a bunch of HDD space.

What are you guys using to record the video? NVR or pc with software? I would imagine 4k video taking up a bunch of HDD space.

I use Geovision GV-NVR for regular 2560x1600 ip cams. It will take more for 4k cams but if you have a small number of cameras it's not too substantial. For enterprise installations it will be very substantial. For my DVR I have one drive for each cam plus an extra hard drive for the OS and one more for the application.

I

I use Geovision GV-NVR for regular 2560x1600 ip cams. It will take more for 4k cams but if you have a small number of cameras it's not too substantial. For enterprise installations it will be very substantial. For my DVR I have one drive for each cam plus an extra hard drive for the OS and one more for the application.

I

Thanks for the info. Are there any NVRs out that can do this or is it too new? I only want to setup maybe 4 of these and mix them up with some 3MP/5MP cameras. It sounds like it's more for enterprise use for now until prices drop a bit.

Hikvision DS-9616NI-N8...?

Thanks for your Orwellian concerns about my kids.... who happen to be 3, 2 and 0 years old, so this would be instead of the crappy Angelcare baby cams that we currently have to monitor them if we sit outside etc. I've told my wife, who's pushing for an IP can solution (Dropcams, like all her girlfriends, but I resist) , that they've got to go when they get older. But again, thanks for your concern... :rolleyes

Hikvision DS-9616NI-N8...?

Thanks for your Orwellian concerns about my kids.... who happen to be 3, 2 and 0 years old, so this would be instead of the crappy Angelcare baby cams that we currently have to monitor them if we sit outside etc. I've told my wife, who's pushing for an IP can solution (Dropcams, like all her girlfriends, but I resist) , that they've got to go when they get older. But again, thanks for your concern... :rolleyes

Don't think that NVR will work at 4k resolution. It only goes up to 5MP and 4k exceeds that resolution.

Sorry, typo. Meant DS-9616NI-H8. Latest gen, can do 16 channels of 8MP in and 3840x2160/30p out via HDMI.

Avigilon, Exacq, Milestone, ONSSI, Genetec, DVTEL ..... will all support 4k cameras. The next version of Hikvision NVRs will support 4k resolution too.

Thanks, sounds like all software based for now. I'll wait for a NVR unit to do it, as I only need 4 cameras to hook up to.

Sorry, typo. Meant DS-9616NI-H8. Latest gen, can do 16 channels of 8MP in and 3840x2160/30p out via HDMI.

Yup, that's the one. Waiting on the release of that one.

Can one power this capera via a standard poe swich, cat6 cabel and with ca 15w output on the switch?

What is the cameras widest setting? 96?