Sign in to follow this  
kao

Suggestion needed for GV compatible camera

Can anyone recommend an affordable outdoor wireless dome or bullet cam that is natively compatible with Geovision nvr 8.5+?

This is for a low key installation and not worth the hassle of wiring. Power is available at the mounting locations.

High speed internet is also at the site. I just need something affordable and prefer not to have to purchase the usb dongle.

Geovision has a list on their website, but most the cameras are no longer in production, and I don't know how up to date their list is.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I was under the impression that all non-Geovision cameras require you to pay a license fee. And Geovision does not appear to make any outdoor wifi cameras. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can give you a work around.

Oh, that may be the case.

I made the assumption that if it was listed on the Geovision website, that it was allowable without a license.

In retrospect that was a foolish assumption on my part.

Looks like I'll be purchasing more non-geo camera licensing, or using a different software solution for recording.

Only Geovision stuff is licence free in Geovision. Also if you need for example alarm I/O you have to use GV cams or GV cards/iobox

So yeah, get different software, like maybe AXXON or Milestone, you have some free licences and it's much more stable that GV