venturis

Hikvision 5.3.0 IP Camera Firmware released

In case it was missed, Version 5.3.0 for Hikvision IP cameras has been released on the US ftp site.

Anyone brave enough to try it out?

I'm still sitting happily on 5.1.6 with the English language hack. I've not seen anything that would compel me to upgrade at this point.

If you do try it, please report back on any findings.

The accompanying release notes seem quite comprehensive.

- V5.3.0 products cannot be downgraded to lower version models;

I am not brave enough

I'm sure that was introduced in an earlier revision firmware. As far as I know they have blocked the ability to flash an older firmware through the web interface but the TFTP flash method will let you roll back to an earlier rev in spite of what the release notes say.

Please let me know if I've got that wrong.

I upgraded 2032 5.2.3 with 5.3.0. Downloaded firmware off Euro site. Used iVMS-4200 client to do the update. No issues...

It was a US red/white box no CH in serial #. I have 2 US models and 4 CH models all with 5.2.5. Is there a problem updating the Chinese versions?

Yes, it's mostly the Chinese cams that are causing problems, due to hacked initial firmware that allows them to act like English cams. Usually, you'll get a language mismatch error and it won't allow the update, but some people have bricked their Chinese cams with 5.3.0. 

The US camera I upgraded to 3.0 is no longer accessible by any browsers. Release notes in PDF say install shttp: button which I tried on firefox and chrome but still not working. All I get is unable to connect. I changed the IP address thinking that could be an issue but still get the unable to connect and no GUI login window. Also release notes say V5.3.0 products cannot be downgraded to lower version models;

My only access now is through iVMS-4200 if I want to make any changes. UGH!