Douglaster

Any way to check Hikvision cam Uptime ?

Talking specifically of these DS-2CD2332-I 3MP cams.

Im having random reboots thru the day and i would like to check if they´re really reseting themselves or the problem is on the network side of things.

Thanks.

If you run the demo version of Blue Iris, it has a page where it logs the date and time where it loses communications with the camera, as well as other events, and can write it to a log file as well. This may not show you the root cause, but will give you the uptime.

The demo is free for 15 days, and can be reset easily after that, but puts a watermark on the video. Should be good for monitoring your camera reboots.

Another thing to do would be to have the windows scheduler run a script every so often (5 minutes or whatever) that pings your cameras, router, PC, whatever, and sends the output to a log file. This would give you more info about whether the network is dropping out, vs just the cameras.

If you run the demo version of Blue Iris, it has a page where it logs the date and time where it loses communications with the camera, as well as other events, and can write it to a log file as well. This may not show you the root cause, but will give you the uptime.

The demo is free for 15 days, and can be reset easily after that, but puts a watermark on the video. Should be good for monitoring your camera reboots.

Another thing to do would be to have the windows scheduler run a script every so often (5 minutes or whatever) that pings your cameras, router, PC, whatever, and sends the output to a log file. This would give you more info about whether the network is dropping out, vs just the cameras.

I already use the full version of BI.

But it only gives me uptime of what it sees.

To discover the root cause i must see if the camera have indeed reset or just lost connection.

Thanks !

Talking specifically of these DS-2CD2332-I 3MP cams.

Im having random reboots thru the day and i would like to check if they´re really reseting themselves or the problem is on the network side of things.

Thanks.

telnet to the camera and login as username root using the admin password then issue the following command:

awk '{print int($1/3600)":"int(($1%3600)/60)":"int($1%60)}' /proc/uptime

the resulting output will be the uptime shown as h:m:s.