Sign in to follow this  
lethanhtrung

lager hdd not stabilze ???

hi everyone, i have an issue with HDD for DVR, please help me

when i use 2TB HDD for the DVR, it's ok but using larger HDD (3TB, 4TB...), it's not stabilze, after days the DVR could not recognize the HDD, i tested DVRs and many of them have this problem, i don't know what is the reason, when reading the HDD specs (seagate), the 4TB HDD power requirements even lower than the 2TB, so please help me to find out the reason, thank you verymuch

What DVRs, and what HDs?

I do not remember ever having a problem with 4Tb HDs, we only use WD Purple 4Tb now, with Hikvision and Dahua DVRs/NVRs.

we use Seagate HDD with DVRs (Dahua, iCatch, XiongMai...) and it seems that only dahua has less problem, other ones often can not recognize large HDD (>3TB) after a period time of using (about 2,3 months)

we use Seagate HDD with DVRs (Dahua, iCatch, XiongMai...) and it seems that only dahua has less problem, other ones often can not recognize large HDD (>3TB) after a period time of using (about 2,3 months)

Seagate over 3TB is not good for surveillance, the only ones that will work properly are the WD purple drives, like Securame says.

Seagate over 3TB is not good for surveillance, the only ones that will work properly are the WD purple drives, like Securame says.

please tell me the reason why seagate over 3TB is not good for surveillance, it is what i need to know

please tell me the reason why seagate over 3TB is not good for surveillance, it is what i need to know

Read this article so you have an idea:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1210