cypher007

try and find an IP cam setup or stick with HDCVI

ive just been sold this setup on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dahua-HDCVI-DVR-4X-1MP-Camera-MEGAPIXEL-CCTV-camera-kit-High-definition-/331476966266?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2d911b7a

they have started changing the listing. as I found they sold me a V1 dvr not the V2 as listed. also the cameras are HAC-HFW1000R not the HAC-HFW1100R ones they listed. today since telling them they have removed the part no.s but left the 1/2.9" spec, theses are 1/4". I think this is very naughty.

anyway I might send these back for a refund. what could I put in for about £200 that would be better? don't mind running cat5 as ive got loads.

ive just been sold this setup on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dahua-HDCVI-DVR-4X-1MP-Camera-MEGAPIXEL-CCTV-camera-kit-High-definition-/331476966266?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2d911b7a

they have started changing the listing. as I found they sold me a V1 dvr not the V2 as listed. also the cameras are HAC-HFW1000R not the HAC-HFW1100R ones they listed. today since telling them they have removed the part no.s but left the 1/2.9" spec, theses are 1/4". I think this is very naughty.

anyway I might send these back for a refund. what could I put in for about £200 that would be better? don't mind running cat5 as ive got loads.

Have you ever tried AHD or SDI Cameras?

Hikvision hd-tdi , I have installed 5 systems already and very pleased.

thank you for the replies. ill have a look at the different tech's. one thought would any of them work reliably on standard RG59? the longest run is maybe 10M.