dave1983

Hik NVR - Resolution / Stream control for Remote Playback

I have a customer with a slow upload connection, live view works well because I can chose between main/secondary streams, and by default I have configured it to use the 2nd stream, but for remote playback I haven't found a way to adjust the resolution. Is there a way to optimize for slower connections?

Android/iOS/Web browser playback?

Remote playback seems to be using the maximum resolution regardless of the platform. Do you know of any way to control the remote playback resolution without having to lower the cameras' actual recording resolution/fps?

Remote playback seems to be using the maximum resolution regardless of the platform. Do you know of any way to control the remote playback resolution without having to lower the cameras' actual recording resolution/fps?

That would mean that the NVR would have to decode the video, and reencode it again at a different resolution/fps/bitrate/etc. No, can't be done, you are watching a recorded video, you can only watch it at the resolution you recorded it.

In that aspect Dahua is nicer, since it allows you to record both the main and substream.

That's what I feared, I couldn't find any way to compress based on network quality or record both streams. This is a fairly big issue, I hope it's addressed soon.

That's what I feared, I couldn't find any way to compress based on network quality or record both streams. This is a fairly big issue, I hope it's addressed soon.

That's not an issue, so I doubt nothing at all will be addressed. You are just asking for a feature that they do not offer.

That's not an issue, so I doubt nothing at all will be addressed. You are just asking for a feature that they do not offer.

Yes, you are right, it's not an issue but it's a pretty big deal. I would like to think they are working on that as we speak as it's a fairly basic feature and a rather needed feature to have.