eddie.felson

NVR Hybrid upgrade

I have my 8 camera residential system which is about 5 years old. About a month ago the display indicated that the NVR was recording but in fact it was not.

I replaced the hard drive with another surveillance rated drive and this Friday I went looking for a recording and learned it still was not recording.

I'm thinking either I have a second bad hard drive or the NVR (Nuvico) is bad. Either way I am in the market for a 16 camera HD-TVI Hybrid unit.

Top contenders would be either an:

Alibi 5000 series 16 Channel unit. (ALI-HVR5016H)

or a

16 Channel Hybrid Federal 960H unit (HRBDVR-FE016-DH-160)

Does anyone have first hand experience with either of these units (or Companies) or can anyone recommend a similar unit with which they had outstanding experience?

Thank you.

Timothy

I have my 8 camera residential system which is about 5 years old. About a month ago the display indicated that the NVR was recording but in fact it was not.

I replaced the hard drive with another surveillance rated drive and this Friday I went looking for a recording and learned it still was not recording.

I'm thinking either I have a second bad hard drive or the NVR (Nuvico) is bad. Either way I am in the market for a 16 camera HD-TVI Hybrid unit.

Top contenders would be either an:

Alibi 5000 series 16 Channel unit. (ALI-HVR5016H)

or a

16 Channel Hybrid Federal 960H unit (HRBDVR-FE016-DH-160)

Does anyone have first hand experience with either of these units (or Companies) or can anyone recommend a similar unit with which they had outstanding experience?

Thank you.

Timothy

I know its late but I didn't see anyone chime in.

They seem to be similar. The ALI-HVR5016H accepts 2 1080P IP cameras. So its actually a TriBrid. Cost less than Nuvico. ALIBI Witness app looks nice

Thank you Mr. CCTVProd for getting back to me. I wish someone, anyone, had read my posting and mentioned: "Hey those two units are not even the same camera standard."

I went with the Alibi which is "HD-TVI" standard based, saved $80, and that was a mistake. Had I known then what I know now I should have purchased the Federal unit which is "HD-CVI" standard and would have had a much better selection of cameras to choose from.

It's my own fault for not doing my research with due diligence. But had anyone jumped in and shared that helpful bit they would be my hero now.

I added 4 more exterior 2MP cameras to my existing system. I had a CCTV professional do the work. Good thing because a lot went wrong on the job, starting with attic temperatures well into 3 digits. My "clever" neighbors; and I mean that in the most derogatory sense, figured out where my bullet cameras pointed and were exploited gaps in coverage. Hence all the new cameras are dome cameras. I also went with a brand new 20 amp power supply.

Monday I'll have the same guy pull cat6 wire and I'll hard wire my 2 flat screen TVs and my 2 OPPO DVRs to my home 16 port network switch. Right now when I pull up a movie from my NAS ( via wireless) I may get a 30 second delay while the very large file downloads. Running Gigabit Ethernet through out the whole house should make movie watching snappier than when it was wireless.

Thank you again Mr. CCTVProd.

Peace on earth to Men of Good Will.