shinr3y

Access CCTV Camera

Good Day!

I have a cctv camera connected in a PoE switch which is also connected to another switch and that switch is connected to an access point via ethernet cable.

Now I want to access my camera from a computer which is wirelessly connected to the same access point.

Can anybody give me an assistance on what to do?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Good Day!

I have a cctv camera connected in a PoE switch which is also connected to another switch and that switch is connected to an access point via ethernet cable.

Now I want to access my camera from a computer which is wirelessly connected to the same access point.

Can anybody give me an assistance on what to do?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

first, you need to get the IP address from the camera, that is your local address and can be put in the address bar of the browser WITHIN THE NETWORK to access locally. Next, go to canyouseeme.org and get your public IP address, this is what you use OUTSIDE OF THE NETWORK. Then, you will port forward the LOCAL address (from the camera) in your router (access point) so when you are OUTSIDE of the network and go to the public IP address it will route you to the camera. It is also helpful to set up a DDNS (noip.com) so when the public IP changes you dont have to worry about keeping up with it.