jusolson

networking newbie (pics)

Hello, I've been trying to do some online research and I seem to get more confused the more I read, so hopefully somebody can walk me through a hopefully easy networking setup. I installed 1 camera on my house and set up a NVR. Nvr is a 4 channel Hikivision DS-7604. Camera is also Hikvision POE. Everything is up and working great, I am able to view the stream on my local network just fine but the problem is remote accessing it. I've been trying to use the iVMS-4500 app on an android phone. nothing I try seems to be working. My Router is a ASUS-RT AC66U. I first tried port forwarding the usual ports, 80, 554, 8000 and have checked them with the canyouseeme.org page and they are all open. I input the NVR's ip addres in the app, and I can't get anything to work. I also tried changing the ports to 90, 10554, or 8080, and 5554. Still nothing. Makes me think I must have some other setting not setup right. Also when I changed the ports in the NVR to something other than 80, and 554 I cannot log into the nvr over the web browser. But as soon as I change them back ( over a monitor hooked to the nvr) it works again. I thought the ports have nothing to do with the local network. Anyway I'll try to answer the questions best I can and to start here is a few screen shots of the router and NVR.

Thanks guys!

Router.thumb.jpg.22c1bfb3683c30bd844120ade6be0882.jpg

NVR1.thumb.jpg.a9b8c6a6b2b6be5aefe8ce7b0af1221d.jpg

NVR2.thumb.jpg.83e668bb4fa1151a1861b3a8d6f76b89.jpg

Did you try opening HTTPS- PORT 443. worth a try- app may need a secure connection possibly.

Lease it at 90/10554/8080, that is nice. And then when you try to access with web browser from your local network add the web port at the end, http://192.168.1.138:90

How are you configuring iVMS-4500 to access from outside the network? Do you have fixed IP address? Or by chance you are trying to use the internal IP, 192.168.1.138?

If you do not have fixed IP, configure DDNS like the following:

- Enable DDNS: checked

- DDNS: provider HiDDNS

- Server address: www.hik-online.com

- Domain: whatever_name_ you_want_to_use

Then for accessing from outside your network you will be using: http://www.hik-online.com/whatever_name_ you_want_to_use

And on iVMS-4500, your device config:

- Register mode: HiDDNS

- Server: www.hik-online.com

- Device name: whatever_name_ you_want_to_use

etc

I have a NVR and all I enter is the device ID and it picks it up by cloud I am guessing. I don't recall having to open a port for the NVR where a DVR it had to open a port.

They did come out with DVR's that went by device ID after years of fiddling with open ports and correct network settings.

Still with NVR's you have to put the network settings in so it knows where the gateway is but the NVRs I have tried all I had to do is enter the device id after that and it finds it