jisaac

Bosch Auto Dome

Has anyone installed these bosch auto domes with the auto tracking and auto zoom? That sounds pretty much like something that I need for an application. Just wondering how well it works in the field

I had another security dealer tell me about a Samsung unit like what you described, but I never was able to find such a thing. It does sound like an interesting concept.

I heard they were good, but that was from Reps ... i too would like to hear some real world feedback ... . maybe just one more thing that can go wrong ?? Bosch does have the Exview Day Night PTZ now though, which is cool ..

Also there are external boxes that will do the same thing with almost any PTZ brand .. It is however a good selling point for companies that sell only Bosch, but then ... Bosch is still limited in alot of other areas where other companies take over ...

i when a rep says something works good I dont take that to heart very much. I take someone who's actually had first hand experience in installing this in a real world application very seriously.

Yep, lets see if anyone replies ... can you guys get free demos though there ..?

id like to test it

Specs are decent ... thats the Samsung Techwin PTZ though ... are you saying you will have the identical dome /..? WDR also ..?

PS. i know u know i know the manufacturer right

Ill look at it more tomorrow ... its kinda late now ..

No Rory - I'm a distributor for Samsung. This IS the unit. And what's with the "decent" comment on the specs - we're talking "the bomb." I'll have a demo for ya to see in about a month. And remember... "the bomb."

They need to correct those lux ratings in that pdf file. It say .0006 lux in one area. In another it is .003, which is with sens up.

And the final specs without the sens up is: 0.4 for color and 0.08 for BW, which is good, especially for a F1.6 lens.

I saw the autodome at ISC last year. It had the autotrack running and actually worked OK-- until more than one moving object was spotted, then it went haywire.

Good eye Jasper... I will inquire further. I know it is .003 on all our fixed cameras that use their DSS but those are also SuperHAD's without the ICR (Mech. Cut)... so I suppose it is possible that with this using the ExView and the Mechanical Cut Filter... together with DSS that lower is possible. At any rate needs to be better explained otherwise it comes off as conflicting. Thanks.

Will do Isaac - sometime after 4-20 when they're scheduled to land. Soon thereafter I'll have one four states to the east of your southern half (as seen from space).

No... I've been grounded. Anyway I don't think I could have sent a link to a specific location with that could I? (hey... we're not getting off topic are we?)

Seen it at the isc west show last year, and at a couple of projects at the Library of Congress. It is good for low traffic areas, but for high traffic areas you will need to turn off autotrack.

I have installed many of them, we do not buy Auto track because it does not work well outside, Bosch havean excellent demo cd on it, but the auto track will really only work well indoors, it really comes down to what you consider working well!!

If it gets everything then it is excellent but if you are not operating it and it picks up some movements tha you would not have had without being there to control it, then I say it works well.

is it accurate... HELL NO, but if it picks up something you would have missed while you were away from the controller then I say it works well, but outdoors it is not going to work perfect or in high density areas!

I have installed many of them, we do not buy Auto track because it does not work well outside, Bosch havean excellent demo cd on it, but the auto track will really only work well indoors, it really comes down to what you consider working well!!

If it gets everything then it is excellent but if you are not operating it and it picks up some movements tha you would not have had without being there to control it, then I say it works well.

is it accurate... HELL NO, but if it picks up something you would have missed while you were away from the controller then I say it works well, but outdoors it is not going to work perfect or in high density areas!

Would the Bosch auto-tracking function (imperfect though it may be) work well enough to follow a person walking down the sidewalk 40 feet in front of a residence, or follow a vehicle driving about 20mph down the street that the sidewalk parallels?

We've had a recent run of vandalism, auto theft, etc in my neighborhood, and I'm looking at expanding the capability of my home camera system (Dedicated Micros DS2, nine cameras). The camera currently covering the driveway, front walk, and front yard is a Speco Intensifier (I know... I know... you don't have to rub it in ). Needless to say, almost any good PTZ day/night camera would be better than that thing.

I've also looked at the Panasonics, but they're huge, and would not fit in with the architecture of my home ("the boss" would veto those in a heartbeat). Small and discrete would be best.

Suggestions?