Sign in to follow this  
Wizz

Need help with remote viewing (switch>router) please

I'm using a Zyxel unmanaged POE switch. I have cat5 from camera going into a poe port, a cat5 going from non-poe port to CPU, and finally cat5 going from non-poe port on switch to my Asus NT66U gigabit router. CPU receives wireless internet signal from router fyi. I did notice that the indicator light on the switch for the port going to the router is not illuminated (already checked/replaced cat5 cable, etc)...so I'm guessing the router is not communicating to the switch. Live view is up and running, I just need to get the router on board so I can do remote viewing.

I am using ACTi cameras with ACTi Standard NVR software, I currently have static IP address assigned to the camera(s) until I can get the router in the mix. Any suggestions on what I should start looking at? Do I need to verify any settings on the router?

Many thanks

I'm using a Zyxel unmanaged POE switch. I have cat5 from camera going into a poe port, a cat5 going from non-poe port to CPU, and finally cat5 going from non-poe port on switch to my Asus NT66U gigabit router. CPU receives wireless internet signal from router fyi. I did notice that the indicator light on the switch for the port going to the router is not illuminated (already checked/replaced cat5 cable, etc)...so I'm guessing the router is not communicating to the switch. Live view is up and running, I just need to get the router on board so I can do remote viewing.

I am using ACTi cameras with ACTi Standard NVR software, I currently have static IP address assigned to the camera(s) until I can get the router in the mix. Any suggestions on what I should start looking at? Do I need to verify any settings on the router?

Many thanks

Have you tried from the non POE to the routers port?

I have a NVR which only has 1 eithernet port and cameras connect to a switch and a cat5 from switch to the router and works for me

Many thanks

Have you tried from the non POE to the routers port?

That is how I have it routed now...non-poe port on switch to one of the ports on the router. The indicator light on the switch is not illuminating for the non-poe port that goes to the router, so I'm guessing something is amiss.

Hi Wizz

First network all the devices together and make sure there is communication, the light that's not indicating on the non-poe port means there is no communication or the led is broken most likely the cable or connector,once you have communication you will need to configure your remote setup:

What camera have you got? if the cam has p2p or build in DYNDNS should be easy to setup, otherwise you will have to register a DYN and do the port forwarding on the router

Hi Wizz

First network all the devices together and make sure there is communication, the light that's not indicating on the non-poe port means there is no communication or the led is broken most likely the cable or connector,once you have communication you will need to configure your remote setup:

What camera have you got? if the cam has p2p or build in DYNDNS should be easy to setup, otherwise you will have to register a DYN and do the port forwarding on the router

Thanks for the reply and info. It is an ACTi D72. I tried different non-poe ports on the switch and none of them illuminate. I will re-do the ends on the cable then re-test with my tester and update.