Joeinamillion

Do these exsit: IR House Numbers?

I would like know if it's possible to buy, or make house numbers out of IR lights. Some IR LED glow bright red and I think would make for a great dual purpose covert IR lamp. Any thoughts?

from cctvinfo page:- understanding ir lights_

------------------------------

Infra-red lamps come in varying wavelengths from approx. 730nm to 950nm. 730nm filters are overt and give a red glow - like a traffic light. 830nm filters are semi-discreet and produce a dull red glow. 950nm filters are effectively totally covert - giving off no visible illumination. Viewing distances are reduced with 830nm and 950nm lamps. A 950nm will require a highly sensitive night time camera.

------------------------------

you could check on ebay for suitable led diodes and get a electronics guy to link them up in the shape of your number throw in a light sensor switch so it only comes on at night- you would need to encapsulate the unit for weatherproofing and supply power to the unit. - Anything can be done - but will it be worth the cost- or does the cost matter if its what you would like - then go for it.

I would like know if it's possible to buy, or make house numbers out of IR lights. Some IR LED glow bright red and I think would make for a great dual purpose covert IR lamp. Any thoughts?

Sounds like an awesome project for the weekend.