Sign in to follow this  
Mixanologos

FTP Upload Issues

Hello everyone, i will get straight to the point

I recently bought this camera http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-H-264-ONVIF-HD-720P-1-0-Megapixel-Network-WIFI-IP-Wireless-Camera-Outdoor-Waterproof/2022964071.html

for the sole purpose to upload recorded footage to my DLINK 320L.

No matter what i do i can't seem to get the ftp upload to work.

The ftp Server through filezilla works great,but no matter the input on the ftp fields of the camera i keep getting the same failed response.

The camera is connected to my main router through a repeater and the ip shows up on the main Asus router as it should be.

What could i possibly be doing wrong?Any help would be greatly appreciated since this is driving me crazy!

when i press the snapshot button i get this!

Capture.JPG.7c6bba0c841babd0616a610587bbce51.JPG

Capture2.JPG.9726c45dc8b03f6f85427b435e467092.JPG

Try logging into the FTP server with another client software, using that same "Dirname" and make sure that actually works. The syntax there has to be 100% correct. "/" vs "\" for example.. and of course the path itself. Also make sure the user you log in with actually has write permission in that target folder.

If anything like that is wrong, it might just give you that error instead of something more helpful like "FTP connect failed".

It MIGHT not be you. When I got some Hikvisions last year I spent hours confirming that their firmware literally did not work to send FTPs. It did for some people, but not for me, and that was after checking everything multiple times. An update to firmware and all was well, thus proving my conclusion, though not before wasting many hours.