egmiii

Avigilon Support for Hikvision Intrusion Detection

I have a trial version of Avigilon ACC 5 Core and a Hikvision 2032. I've been able to successfully trigger recording based upon motion detection, but I would like to reduce the false alert rate by using the cameras built in line traversal and intrusion detection features. They both have an option to "Notify Surveillance Center", just like motion detection, but Avigilon does not recognize the event and will not record. Can I assume these features are not supported and I'm stuck with motion detection?

I know Milestone supports these functions, but I'm not a fan of their interface.

I'm also aware that Avigilon cameras work seamlessly as well, but I'd rather have ten Hikvision cameras than one Avigilon (provided I can get them to work somewhat).

FYI, this is for my personal use at my residence.

The link you provided is not working. I get a black page that says "40th floor", that's all. The rest of your post is somewhat confusing, probably because it's referencing the content in the link.

Not gonna happen at this point with Avigilon. If you want analytics with Avigilon I recommend you look at their analytic cameras or Rialto units. Avigilon's analytics are far superior to Hikvsion's so you will get better and much easier to use results.

FYI at ISC Avigilon showed the new version of ACC 5.6 which you can now search video for people or vehicles only on analytic cameras. You just highlight an area in the video, select people or vehicles and your results are shown instantly. Very impressive.

That's kind of what I expected. I'd be willing to drop a few bucks on an Avigilon multisensor camera if it only used 1 license and had the analytics built in. At least that way I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck. I have an outside corner where 270 degrees of coverage would be awesome. But it seems like their multisensor units don't have analytics yet. Do you know when that might change?

That's kind of what I expected. I'd be willing to drop a few bucks on an Avigilon multisensor camera if it only used 1 license and had the analytics built in. At least that way I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck. I have an outside corner where 270 degrees of coverage would be awesome. But it seems like their multisensor units don't have analytics yet. Do you know when that might change?

Good news is the multi-imager only requires one license. Bad news is no analytics at this point.