I did a search on this subject. But, did not find the answer.

With the massive influx of CCTV / DVR etc. products streaming into the USA market from overseas. What certification is required on those products? So, they can be sold in the USA? I have seen the CE label for Europe on things. But, what about the USA?

I heard from a friend that the governing body was the FCC for electronic products. Hell, I have seen both the FCC and UL embossed into phone equipment I install in my past. But, what about CCTV equipment?

I went to the FCC, Customs, US Gov, etc. websites and all I could find was this:

Manufacturers planning to sell telecom, licensed RF, and low powered transmitters in the United States. These include manufacturers of cell phones, CB radios, walkie-talkies, radar detectors, television relays, telecom relays, point-to-multipoint, PCS, and Ultra Wideband, as well as low powered transmitters such as radio controlled toys.

Is our electronics trade full of holes like our borders?

Someone please explain it to me...I'm a newbie

26 hits on this thread and no answer?

I need to know. If I buy a DVR or Camera from someone. I can install it and not get into any trouble later. There is a lot of clone stuff out and I just want to make sure I can tell what is what. If it is suppose to have XXX on it and it doesn't. I can just keep on walking.

The only certification you'll see is a UL rating as the 120 vac power supply must meet Underwriters Laboratory......if there is no UL or CSA rating, stay away as you'll be in trouble if the power supply fails and causes a fire!!

Other than that, stick to the name brands who at least want to meet their clients standards and have a quality product.

Policy and standards like you mentioned aren't updated as often.....pretty hard to set a standard when the industry is changing so often.

What is your application?

Are you installing this to look at your neighbours backyard?? Is that what you're afraid

The only certification you'll see is a UL rating as the 120 vac power supply must meet Underwriters Laboratory......if there is no UL or CSA rating, stay away as you'll be in trouble if the power supply fails and causes a fire!!

Other than that, stick to the name brands who at least want to meet their clients standards and have a quality product.

Policy and standards like you mentioned aren't updated as often.....pretty hard to set a standard when the industry is changing so often.

What is your application?

Are you installing this to look at your neighbors backyard?? Is that what you're afraid

Haha, How did you know I was going to look @ my neighbors back yard? HHmm are you watching me? ... But, do have to say the neighbors

wife is !!!

J/K

Was going to hook up some cameras that a customer/friend had picked up.

I was looking at them and didn't see any markings, just made in China. I was just curious if there was any need for the certs. Thanks for the UL info.good to know.

I think we are ok, since its a DVR card going into his Dell PC.

"Friends are the worst customers!" They can be so CHEAP!

Made in china is okay ... just cheap like you said ... alot of OEM brands in the US are made in china ... COP, MACE, etc ...