Sign in to follow this  
alkizmo

PoE question for HIKvision DS-2CD2032-I

There is a diagram on the installation manual on page 16 for PoE.

From what I can tell, this is actually NOT PoE. It's just using the network cable to carry power, but the pairs with the power are split off before the camera.

Do I actually need to make an adapter to split off the powered pairs on the network cable to become a typical DC jack? Or can the camera get its power straight through the Ethernet port?

I ask because I wish to install the camera in a spot where PoE would be convenient, but using an adapter to split off the power from the network cable near the camera would be... bulky?

There is a diagram on the installation manual on page 16 for PoE.

From what I can tell, this is actually NOT PoE. It's just using the network cable to carry power, but the pairs with the power are split off before the camera.

Do I actually need to make an adapter to split off the powered pairs on the network cable to become a typical DC jack? Or can the camera get its power straight through the Ethernet port?

I ask because I wish to install the camera in a spot where PoE would be convenient, but using an adapter to split off the power from the network cable near the camera would be... bulky?

You dont need any adapter..as joey said, the camera allows for power over ethernet OR 12v DC..

Greetings everyone

I have a question as well regarding this specific camera and PoE:

Are there any specifics like Voltage and Amperes regarding the providing PoE provider?

For example " Output: 12V DC / 1250mA" as i have seen in some specific PoEs.

What is needed for the specific camera? Any specific model in mind?

Thank you in advance for any answers

I don't want to fry my camera

OD

The camera uses 802.3af PoE, that's 48V 350mA, though the mA rating is the maximum rating for PoE.

The camera only actually uses 7W, so 150mA is sufficient for PoE.

However, if you want to feed it via the DC connector, you'll need 12V at around 0.5A