ron352

IP camera weatherproof boxes for RJ45 connection

Installing IP cameras what box works best at lowest cost per box for installers to keep the RJ45 Ethernet connection out of the weather?

Also what do you use to accommodate the large end attached to the camera with the RJ45 end to get it in the weatherproof box?

On the cat5 cable side to the box no problem I make the hole small then add the RG45 plug end in the box. But the large RJ45 plug on the camera end is more of a issue getting it in the weatherproof box. I have been using the 4x4x2" box Home Depot had think around $5 each and using a drill bit to groove in a slot just big enough where the cover attaches for the wire to slide into, not bad but thought I would see other installers suggestions

try googling 25mm compression gland- with ip66 or ip67 waterproof rating, if the cable harness is bigger go for 32mm,

you can also use "self amalgamating tape" to wrap around the cable and cable gland if you feel the cables aren't grippied properly and are loose- this is a rubber type tape which over time will just become 1 large rubber blob- again waterproof. if using the tape it would need to be cut away to access the cables -then new tape reapplied.

try googling 25mm compression gland- with ip66 or ip67 waterproof rating, if the cable harness is bigger go for 32mm,

you can also use "self amalgamating tape" to wrap around the cable and cable gland if you feel the cables aren't grippied properly and are loose- this is a rubber type tape which over time will just become 1 large rubber blob- again waterproof. if using the tape it would need to be cut away to access the cables -then new tape reapplied.

Thanks for the suggestions jazzar. I have seen the tape before, I like enclosures best though. I will look into the googling suggestion to see what that is and what it looks like.