Fozzy

1080 HD CCTV for 100 meter viewing.

Hello all

I live on a small holding inside a major city in the UK, it is also a deprived area which means there's always some crook or another waiting to screw you over as soon as your back is turned.

I have a cheap CCTV system (CnM secure) 4 camera setup dotted around the yard. It is great for letting you know someone is about but it's no good for any kind of detail so I am looking to upgrade to HD.

I have spent two weeks online looking for a good system for my needs but nothing I see really fits the bill. I will probably be going HD-SDI but not sure yet. The main problem I have is trying to find a camera to cover a gate that is 100 meters away, I need to be able to capture a Reg plate during the day at that distance and wondered if anyone could recommend a decent camera as I cant seem to find one.

Two weeks and you want to go for HDSDI...? I am sure that if you poll the forum between IP, HDCVI, HDTVI, and HDSDI, HDSDI will be the last option. In fact, probably noone will recommend you HDSDI.

Comprehensive consideration of price and image , Sequence of order as below: AHD ,CVI,SDI

I have been looking for the right system for two weeks as I am always getting conflicting reviews for the best kind of system. I was swayed towards the HD-SDI as I was convinced by others that there was not any real difference in quality and it would be easier for me to set up as I have no experience in setting up network ip cameras

I am looking to spend £500 for a one camera system but it must give me the ability to read a numberplate in the daytime at 100 meters. If anyone could post me a link to something that would do this I would be most grateful

HD-SDI the image is more better than AHD CVI AND TVI ,,, near IP camera HD camera .

now HD SDI solution is very easy to install for you too.....

Well the HD IP cameras are often 1080P and also feature IR illumination for use at night. The PoE type would just require a single cable for power and video but at 100m you would be on the limit. I would suggest using good quality CAT 6 cable (23AWG if you can find it). Not sure which HD SDI camera you were thinking of but for IP something like the Trend or Maplin 1080 PRO security cameras are fantastic quaity and easily interface to their NVRs

Think through the license plate capture. It is not as simple as pointing a camera at and area and getting a good read. Is the car going to be moving? will there be reflection from the plate? how big an image are you trying to capture the whole car or just the plate? Do they use the reflective type plates there? In the US the plates all seem to have all kinds of graphics which make them harder to read. You may need some software/hardware specific to LPC.

Count me in HD-SDI, if your budget is affordable to carry out. It's undoubtly, HD-SDI is best video qaulity than ..... most important is "NO LATENCY" than IP.