Sign in to follow this  
guy1983

Prices for 4k ulta HD IP systems

I am interested in a system with a 4k uhd bullet cam, variable lense, and IR.

My 720p hikvision h264 system is not catching plate numbers as clearly as Id like.

I know only 2 companies, sony and http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw4800e-796.html.

I know 4k is new but soon will be the thing to have.

I want to know more about 4k recording how much tb is needed with a 2 or 4 cam system before recycling takes place? 8tb for 6 months then recycling? 16tb for 4 months?

Ideally I would like a few years of data before recycling takes place on a 4k ip nvr system.

No one is putting their prices online of any 4k system so, what are the prices?

Anyone installed and ran a 4k ip nvr system yet? Sony was the first to add ir to 4k cams.

Why not just add a 3mp camera that has an appropriate lens to get you 'closer' to the cars plate? This will obviously depend on where the cars are and which angles you have but taking a far away image at 8MP(4k is just over 8mp) or more so you have more detail when zoomed is probably doing it backwards. If you're looking at a gate or something, get a 12mm lens, point it at the gate and even a 1.3MP may have enough detail. Adding another $150 camera is a lot better than your soon to be very expensive system.

4K will be very expensive and you will need a very large amount of hard drive space for 'several years' unless you only had a couple of cameras recording at very low frame rates and only on movement activation. I'm not sure why you would ever need to go back several years? If something happens that you need to know about in 3 years, save the day's footage as a separate file or burn it to a DVD.

I love being able to zoom in for details. So 4k for me is great to be able to cover a big area and not just a focused area with a 12m lenses. Why a few years? things happen over time and with better tech rapidly coming out I wouldn't be surprised the least that in another 5 years we can record 10 years of 4k on something the size of a thumb drive seriously things are advancing fast.

I tried putting a higher def cam on my system but the rca cablle is to finicky and if not perfect or unkinked it will not notice a higher def cam.

So since im switching over to IP NVR anyway I figured id just go all out with 4k expensive now but most likely cheap in 1 more years time. Which brings me to my next idea,..

I was thinking to start off with a good Ip NVR system that I can later add 4k cams to when they become cheap. Will all ip nvr systems adapt and take all the soon to come out 4k cams you think?

What RCA cable? You said you had a 720p system. You can't have an rca cable and 720p... Maybe 700TVL and a DVR? Short answer is there is no 'P' on any TVL type RCA camera. They are MUCH blurrier than an actual 720P camera on an NVR. When you say you can't notice a better quality camera, that is because your DVR is using standard video and you can only get so much as well as using compression on top of this. A 1000TVL camera with an rca plug is NOT 1080p either...

You will probably find all the detail you will need on a 3MP camera or even just 1080p.

Also data storage has reached a point where it can't get all that much 'denser' unless new technologies are discovered. Noticed how single hard drives haven't gotten dramatically bigger lately? They can only make transitors/circuits etc on chips so small before they simply can't go smaller(they are basically at that limit now)

Hi. I don't understand why your looking for 4 years and in future 10 years ..... There is no point

As far as 4k image ...... It's just sales IP cameras have been able to catch plates for years with no problem

Did I say RCA? I ment BC.. whatever the single split into two cables with the 12v power supply that type.

Your right fixed and adjustable lenses can capture clear detail far away but the problem is those 50m cams

are focused into a smaller area. With 4k you get the whole football field view that can later be zoomed into later in a specific area that only one focused lens would capture The benefits of 4k is obvious.

Im not wasting my time or money on 3mp or 5mp cams that cover 25-50% of an area when I can capture the whole football field with zoomable clarity with 4k.

Unless your cam has a cat 5/6 cable socket on it and you're using basically blue computer networking cable then it is NOT 720p. It is like VHS quality from 10 years ago. A BC connector is just a more robust RCA at the end of the day (for simplicity)

A 1080p cam will have more than 4 times the effective resolution than you have now as well as actually being a clear and non noisy image. It will be FAR better than what you have now(like VHS to BluRay image difference-literally)

I have a feeling you will in actual fact be throwing a lot of money away on resolution you don't need. I would be surprised if you got a decent 8mp camera ALONE for less than $1000-$1500 EACH, Plus an NVR that can handle it $2000+ and then you'll need probably 10TB for a couple of years of storage per camera.

At the end of the day it's up to you, install an appropriately lensed $150 camera and get everything you need or spend $5000 dollars for high end technology that will be 1/4 the price in a year. You might even find that just adding a cheap 700tvl 12mm lensed camera to the system you already have may get you the license plate reading you require.

I will point out that you actually never divulged how far away these cars are and what the actual place look like(is it a public street, looking down a long property to a gate, passing cars at high speed, car parking suspiciously in the dark etc etc) Depending on the situation(poor light etc) a mega $$$ camera may not be adequate anyway.

Good luck