dcam

Hikvision ip cameras and POS integration

Just wondering if anyone has experience with integrating pos transactions with Hikvision ip cameras, I have a few clients who would be interested.

This will depend on the VMS software you're running. If the software supports POS and Hiks, you should be good.

I run Hik cams on an Aver NV-6240 system, and it supports POS integration. I don't use it, so can't say how well it works, but the software overall is robust and stable. The card's a bit pricey new, though, and since I don't use analog any more, it's just acting as a dongle for the IP cams. The cheaper NV-5000 card runs the same software, but only supports 4 IP cams.

Thanks MaxIcon, I will contact the different VMS vendors tomorrow to see if their software is compatible with Hikvision , not sure how it all fits together (hardware and software ) I briefly looked into it a couple of years ago with Geovision analog cameras but I was hoping that it would have become easier / simpler to put together with IP cameras.

Thanks again.

We use Avigilon and either analog cameras with Encoders or Avigilon IP cameras. POS works fine with serial servers tapping the printer.

If it's a USB printer all bets are off.

For IP CCTV systems where the DVR/NVR has already been installed and then the end user wants integration to the Point Of Sale you now have a solution for IP Cameras.

The VR100IP Stand Alone Text Inserter for IP Video has been demonstrated compatible with HKVISION camera model: DS-2CD2132F-IS.

See at: http://vrxinc.com/VR100IP_buy_now.html

Hope this helps.

For IP CCTV systems where the DVR/NVR has already been installed and then the end user wants integration to the Point Of Sale you now have a solution for IP Cameras.

The VR100IP Stand Alone Text Inserter for IP Video has been demonstrated compatible with HKVISION camera model: DS-2CD2132F-IS.

See at: http

Hope this helps.

Wow $1.700 for each unit ..... That is twice the price of a market leader

Who makes the best text inserter for IP cameras? Hikvision?

See at: http

Hope this helps.

Wow $1.700 for each unit ..... That is twice the price of a market leader

Hi Tom;

How much is AVE?

Hi. AVE are the best

It does not matter if hikvision or any other make

Last op only put hik because he has spammed a few posts