kolson88

AXIS camera with 2-way audio

Hello,

Looking to set up an AXIS 233D camera with 2-way audio, so somebody at a computer can communicate with people behind the building. Requested by building management. AXIS camera -> switch -> network with NVR and other PCs.

This specific camera has the follwing i/o terminal ports for Line/Mic In, GND, Line Out, GND, 12V OUT, GNC/DC-, AC/DC+, AC.

If anybody has any previous knowledge of 2-way audio or other ideas for products, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

If two way audio is a major requirement. I would recommend a Mobotix D15 or Q25. They have two way audio out of the box. They have onboard analytics,a motion sensor and on board recording. You will save money on the VMS since it is free. The video can be stored in the camera and to a NAS as a backup. The app allows you to log into the camera and do two way audio. Similar pricing to the axis camera you listed and you won't have to spend money for the speaker/mic. In the future, maybe in a year or two. Mobotix said they will be able to record any camera on their vms for free. Not holding my breath since their software cycle is long.