Sign in to follow this  
Scrapp996

Security Cameras in the house problem

Hey guys, im new to the forum and just wanted to get some suggestions on how to fix the problem im having. Im 16 years old and bought a Swann security system. it is now a mix of bullet and dome, wired and wireless, all have night vision- with different TVL's but are all 960h, the same as my DRV (960h). The reason for this was because we live across the street from a popular park, where many houses have been getting broken in recently. I spoke with my sister, my mom and my moms "boyfriend" before buying which they were ok with it being used for when were not home... Ive been having problems with my moms boyfriend who recently doesn't want them "Filming him" where I replied they are not, and I said we discussed this when I bought them they are for when we are not home for work/school. Before i forget, we all have access to the system and can turn it on/off whenever. Him and I agreed that he could put paper in front of the camera(s) - tapped to the ceiling when he gets home from work, and removes the paper in the morning. He started being lazy and didn't remove the paper, which I did before school. Then recently started stuffing paper into my bullet cameras housing and electrical tape on my dome camera covers, and unplugging the camera(s). The one camera he hates is the one I have facing at the entrance of our long hallway, which is the first floor containing many back and front windows but also the hallway has entrances to bedrooms and bath room. I came home today and the bullet camera FOV facing the hallway, was pushed down facing the floor. I sick off fighting over this and also fixing my cameras, what should I do?

Hey guys, im new to the forum and just wanted to get some suggestions on how to fix the problem im having. Im 16 years old and bought a Swann security system. it is now a mix of bullet and dome, wired and wireless, all have night vision- with different TVL's but are all 960h, the same as my DRV (960h). The reason for this was because we live across the street from a popular park, where many houses have been getting broken in recently. I spoke with my sister, my mom and my moms "boyfriend" before buying which they were ok with it being used for when were not home... Ive been having problems with my moms boyfriend who recently doesn't want them "Filming him" where I replied they are not, and I said we discussed this when I bought them they are for when we are not home for work/school. Before i forget, we all have access to the system and can turn it on/off whenever. Him and I agreed that he could put paper in front of the camera(s) - tapped to the ceiling when he gets home from work, and removes the paper in the morning. He started being lazy and didn't remove the paper, which I did before school. Then recently started stuffing paper into my bullet cameras housing and electrical tape on my dome camera covers, and unplugging the camera(s). The one camera he hates is the one I have facing at the entrance of our long hallway, which is the first floor containing many back and front windows but also the hallway has entrances to bedrooms and bath room. I came home today and the bullet camera FOV facing the hallway, was pushed down facing the floor. I sick off fighting over this and also fixing my cameras, what should I do?

Why dont you simply use outdoor cameras...the indoor cams are overkill...you are not going to win this battle...

Speak to you Mother maybe?

And yes, why have full security for when they are ALREADY INSIDE YOUR HOME. Better to have visible security outside so they don't actually come in the house in the first place.

Cameras aren't usually installed in 'private' areas either. Maybe just the lounge and front entry for example.

I have the dome outside and bullet inside because of the spiders putting webs on the bullet, 4 in and 4 dome out.

Edited by Guest

My house has been broken into 3 times in the past few years of us living here, so I need a few inside. And with the spiders I get lines all over the cameras, also in Canada where I live there is lots of fog and high humidity and the cameras get lots of white dots, looks like a blizzard at night.

So basically the system works fine(this is a CCTV forum, not family court) and the real problem is the 'boyfriend' of your Mother. You need to deal with THEM. If you read your original post, there's no real question that you're asking. Either that or fit hidden cameras and don't tell anyone(yes I'm joking)

If you and the rest of the family can't come to an arrangement, you will probably need to remove the cameras or continue what you are doing.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has this issue but I guess not.. I appreciate the help from everyone who replied, thanks!

In all honesty mate I'd just use the outside cameras and grab yourself a can of spidex.

Spiders smell through their feet so if you spidex the external cams you won't get webs.

Nobody thinks they're getting they're privacy invaded and everyones happy.

If you want to use internal cams kjeep em pointed at internal doorways only and use covert ones (Smoke alarm housed cameras for example)

Although I do have to make a statement that it's a bit creepy so I see the boyfriends point