TGMcCallie

amplifier for a NVR security system

I have a Q-See QC8116. I am able to receive audio and also talk

back on channel 1. The problem is that when I talk back the sound is not loud enough. I need to amplify this.

How can I do that. I have looked at some 12volt auto amplifiers but don't know if that is the proper thing to do.

Can someone help me with this.

The speaker is hooked to the audio port on my NVR [power over ethernet. I can talk via my desktop or mobile phone.

Thanks

Tom

The audio out is not designed to drive a speaker hence the low volume. It's probably barely a few mW of power so would give very low volume. You wouldn't connect speakers directly to a dvd player would you?(you'd use a home theatre amp!)

I would look at some of the small test amplifiers you can buy, you would only need 1w of power to drive your average speaker much louder than you would be able to speak normally(not shouting). There are LOADS of tiny 12v amplifiers on ebay for very little money that would work. The 'Lepai' branded amps are actually pretty good for 12v and sound pretty good even for music.

You could even get away with the tiny amplifier boards that work on 12v that are barely a few dollars if it's to drive a small 8 ohm speaker in say, a door intercom or perhaps a ceiling speaker above a door.

A car amp is definitely overkill.

The audio out is not designed to drive a speaker hence the low volume. It's probably barely a few mW of power so would give very low volume. You wouldn't connect speakers directly to a dvd player would you?(you'd use a home theatre amp!)

I would look at some of the small test amplifiers you can buy, you would only need 1w of power to drive your average speaker much louder than you would be able to speak normally(not shouting). There are LOADS of tiny 12v amplifiers on ebay for very little money that would work. The 'Lepai' branded amps are actually pretty good for 12v and sound pretty good even for music.

You could even get away with the tiny amplifier boards that work on 12v that are barely a few dollars if it's to drive a small 8 ohm speaker in say, a door intercom or perhaps a ceiling speaker above a door.

A car amp is definitely overkill.