jisaac

SDIII INFORMATION DEMO

The Demo is very good. I don't think I'm doing my Panasonic WJ-HD316 justice with the verity of Pro Video cameras. I have cvc 637's, cvc 6700's. cvc 6705's. cvc 870's, cvc 550's, and HT7815DNV. They all look grainy at night. It looks like I might try one from the Demo.

Looks good, ive yet to see any real world snap shots from that camera though that make it worth buying.

shoot rory wait until it gets dark here. And then call me on skype or something and let me show you something that I promise will make you think twice about that. I am about to finalize a job for a hospital and I think they are going to go with 30 of the wv-cw964's. They are expensive but this hospital says they want the best.

As some one with not much experience, I still find that advertising is one thing and reality is another. I am very interested in cctv. And as an end user and hobbyist, I have to learn through trial and error or the best way I can. I wish I would have known about the forum a long time ago.

here is some updated pics

here is a pic with a dark overcast

484darkovercast.JPG

here is one with extreme light and dark areas. Notice no bleached/washed out areas

484side.JPG

I was extremely suprised that it was able to get a shot under this lighting conditions. This is as close to pitch dark as it comes. No IR's.

484sidedark.JPG

and a shot with the help of a mace's IR's.

484backirs.JPG

Ok now for comparison lets look at what the mace cam 68 looks like. Notice the quality settings and the bit rate required for that setting. Then go back to the quality settings of the 484 and look at that bit rate....

68backirs.JPG

ouch

i think that is a beautiful camera. If I could get every client to buy these I would have these installed in every location. (thats the thing, not every place is willing to pay for it).

That demo on their web site is great.

These are some very impressive cams. That demo that you gave me at night was what sold me. It was streaming at 45-60 kbps while anther IR camera looking at the same view was well over 450 kbps. That is 10 times the bandwidth needed to stream the same image. The Panasonic at almost zero light still had a great image, far better than the IR cam.

The Demo is very good. I don't think I'm doing my Panasonic WJ-HD316 justice with the verity of Pro Video cameras. I have cvc 637's, cvc 6700's. cvc 6705's. cvc 870's, cvc 550's, and HT7815DNV. They all look grainy at night. It looks like I might try one from the Demo.

you have a wj-hd316? Do you use it for personal or are you a end user and use for your place of business? The reason I ask is because panasonics dvr's are by no means cheap. Not many people are willing to pay for it. The newer line of wj-hd316A I have installed a few of. Hey you have got to get one of these

40370_1.jpg

Also get some of their ptz's. That little set up would have you playing with that for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG time!

My business is located behind my home. So, you could say that I'm an end user who uses the unit for personal use and business. Mostly, I just have fun playing with this stuff. I find it all very interesting.

The first system I bought (about 3 years ago), was a Sony YS-DX516 multiplexor and a HSR-X200 Single Channel Digital Recorder. I had a lot of trouble with the recorder and could not get the problem resolved. However, I recently found out that it was just a bad HDD.

Anyway, I replaced the Sony with the Panasonic and find it to be a Mac Truck compared to a Model T.

Because of my location, I have not put up any ptz's. But from what I understand, one can control the Panasonic ptz cameras from the front of the unit itself and through the network connection.

Oh, I see that the unit you're showing is a ps data control. I will have to look into that because, I do want to improve on what I have and learn more. You're right, I would love playing with something like that.

Anyway, this thing has been running for a year and a half and doesn't miss anything. I really like it.

For now, I loop through the Panasonic to the Sony multiplexer. The multiplexer will move to any camera that is triggered by an alarm for veiwing by the monitor and/or the recorder connected to it.

ya that recorder is no joke. And yes you it would feel like a mac compared to a model t. And yes you can control the ptz through the unitl (you can do that through most every unit). And explain to me again why you have it looped through a multiplexer?

how many monitors are you using? And have you not tried hooking up your alarms into the dvr?

I have six monitors. Three are controled through the Panasonic and three are controled by the Sony multiplexer.

The Panasonic is set for alarm and records them and so does the Sony. However, the Panasonic does not jump to the alarmed camera like the Sony. I know it can be set up to do that through the network settings but, it will keep jumping from a priorty camera to the alarmed camera.

It's hard for me to explain. The info is in the network set up or instruction book. You can find that on line. I can help you get that if you don't already have it. Just left me know.

I have not personally set up a panasonic recorder with the alarm tied in. Was just curious. Na I have all that information just have not yet gone thru it in detail.

Maybe, I can explain better. If the sony gets multable alarms, it will flicker from one camera to the next so quickly that you can't tell whats going on. Or, it will stay on the camera that is triggered for the duration you have it set for. Therfore, you can't see whats going on in other areas. So, I can watch all sixteen cameras on the Panasonic or move to another camera where the criminals partner is steeling something else. Simply, you can't control the Sony when alarms happen.

Those Panasonic WJ-HD316 DVR's are awesome, definitely a looks cool factor as well. Being an end-user and seeing one in person for the 1st time at a local store... I was like holy crap, I wish I had one. I wanted to play with it all day long. Even the 'experienced' tech guy had a hard time with it... accessing the individual camera setup 'special' menus anyway.

I've had this for awhile now and I'm just now getting to under stand the advanced menue. All it is, is programming each camera for picture quality and time of day you want to record a particular camera. you are right though. There are many features and settings. And I think it would take awhile to get it all together. I still think it is a great DVR eventhough it cost a lot. Like someone on the forum say's, "you get what you pay for."

My next move is to improve my cameras. I'm ging to try the new Panasonic cameras.