Sign in to follow this  
flynreelow

Hikvision Cameras.. Send email when IP Camera goes offline

I would like to be emailed when my cameras go offline, is there an option for this? I have gone into the Hikvision Set Up -- Configuration -- Exception... then used the drop down to go to "Network Disconnected"

When I do this, the options for SEND Email are grayed out. The only thing I can select is Other Linkage, then Trigger Alarm Output.

Is there anyway I can get an email send to me when my IP Camera Network Goes Down?

Thanks

I would like to be emailed when my cameras go offline, is there an option for this? I have gone into the Hikvision Set Up -- Configuration -- Exception... then used the drop down to go to "Network Disconnected"

When I do this, the options for SEND Email are grayed out. The only thing I can select is Other Linkage, then Trigger Alarm Output.

Is there anyway I can get an email send to me when my IP Camera Network Goes Down?

Thanks

That's because you cant send email if you have no network. The setting I think you are looking for is send email on video loss in the NVR which will send an email if the feed from a camera stops.

Before you can use this option you will need to have set up the email server details in the email menu.

Alternately, you could have the Windows task scheduler ping the camera every so often and send an email if it fails to respond.