Sign in to follow this  
taoconno

What would you watch with a perfect surveillance system?

If you could keep your eye on anything and get a video analytic response what would that be, and what would you want to it to specifically watch for?

I am a college student working on a project to understand the future of video surveillance technology. I’m passionate about the field, have been brainstorming a bit, and thought it would be an interesting question to pose here.

I'm trying to figure out where video surveillance is needed and how analytics can be implemented to help with tasks that currently require a human to watch.

- Similarly, if you had a “magic wand” system today (i.e., one that wasn’t limited by current video analytics technology) to monitor anything, alert on anything, and deliver whatever insight to you that you needed (without any false alarms!), how would you use it?

I only look for security cameras for my home which ultimately provide peace of mind for me and my family. No more worrying about my home or property while I am away on vacation or at work.

i use our security cameras for what they are designed for orignally SECURITY if something goes on while im away from home then itll record it other than that the cameras are only left to their recording fucntion from a security point of view. Occassionally the cameras have caught some wildlife like badgers, birds and such like in the garden or on the drive but that wasnt the intention to start with that was just luck.

I'm trying to figure out where video surveillance is needed and how analytics can be implemented to help with tasks that currently require a human to watch.

Hi even with analytics you still need human

Ok analytics can work on its own on basic systems like gate open on number plate detection but that's already out there . As is analytics for most setups.

Your going to find to design something new is going to be expensive as your going to have to buy licence from companies who have copyright protection.

Then you will have the main problem of getting a VMS company to use your software .... Lots of platforms to cover.

In my imagination, there will be a glasses(the google glass is a elemantary product) which can help human to check everything, such as what is the material of a stone, how deep is a pool , how many people in a away house, like a sicience fiction movie.

Also, it can help to do face recognition, if you made a new friend a month ago, and suddendly meet him on the street while you can not remember whether he is your friend, the glass with the camera can help you.

CEO of www.nasasafe.com

if you made a new friend a month ago, and suddendly meet him on the street while you can not remember whether he is your friend, the glass with the camera can help you.

If that happends it's called altzimers

Clear your brain and let Google take over

if you made a new friend a month ago, and suddendly meet him on the street while you can not remember whether he is your friend, the glass with the camera can help you.

If that happends it's called altzimers

Clear your brain and let Google take over

Provided it works. This is my brain without google!

274450_1.png