koolmer

Face Recognition Software for IP cameras

Hi All,

I have a customer, who is interested in face recognition Software for his IP camera sites.

Now, I think that these exist, but are probably far from reliable and maybe even entirely useless. But this is not a good answer for a customer, so I told him that I will find out.

Use case here would be an IP camera pointed at a door and giving some sort of alarm when a certain person shows up. Obviously pictures of the bad guy(s) would have to be loaded into the Software. It is a very tight choke point, so getting a good face shoot should be easy - basically perfect conditions.

Does anyone here have any experience with such a system? Does anyone even know a name for such a system? Pricing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

koolmer

Thanks a bunch! This looks very interesting. Do you have any experience with this Software by chance?

Use case here would be an IP camera pointed at a door and giving some sort of alarm when a certain person shows up. Obviously pictures of the bad guy(s) would have to be loaded into the Software. It is a very tight choke point, so getting a good face shoot should be easy - basically perfect conditions.

I think your customer needs educating. ....... What bad guys ..... Just the ones who live around his store or a nation wide

Then you have to think of cost ...... Ok he has a IP camera. Now server to do the work on face match .... It is not instant

And the other main problem is ..... Your not going to get any of the agencies or police to hand over face pictures to your customer that is not going to happen.

Avigilon software can do what you ask but again it's not instant and each face image is sent to a government server .......this is used all over the world at airports and ports and is not available for public use.

Your customer can start his own database of bad guys who have already been in his store and have his system recognised them if re enter

Yeah, that's exactly what he wants. He had a few pictures already and wants to expand it with time.

Not interested in government servers and all that. Is it instant when one has its own data base?

Stay away, he will be happy to see it work a few times but will not work when he needs it most, especially for such a limited use case.