Timmie

XMeye CCTV App

New here, so hope I'm in the right section. I have a couple of questions, for those familiar with the XMeye CCTV App:-

1) Can you use it with any DVR?

2) I use currently iDMSS, I tried the same credentials with XMeye but I get 'Login Timeout'. My DVR (which I can connect to, but not with the XMeye), is 3-4 years old and an analogue DVR

3) In the process of buying a new DVR which has the 'bar code' facility in order to set up external access, if someone has the barcode will they also have access to footage? I'm think the person who sells me the DVR, or is there log-in credentials that one needs (similar to what I currently have)?

Thanks

^^^ Thanks

Never heard of gDMSS (Android ver?), its definitely iDMSS (on IOS). iDMSS uses 37777, but putting the IP/User/Pass/Port No of my existing in XMeye I can't get a connection

Reason I will be using XMeye, is thats the app I've been told works with my new DVR (don't know the make, don't have it yet), I was just testing out (or planned to). Would I have to change the Port on the DVR to match the XMeye port number, which I think is 34567

^^^ Thanks

Never heard of gDMSS (Android ver?), its definitely iDMSS (on IOS). iDMSS uses 37777, but putting the IP/User/Pass/Port No of my existing in XMeye I can't get a connection

Reason I will be using XMeye, is thats the app I've been told works with my new DVR (don't know the make, don't have it yet), I was just testing out (or planned to). Would I have to change the Port on the DVR to match the XMeye port number, which I think is 34567

Yes you are spot on ITS IDMSS IF ON IOS ........ G STANDS FOR GOOGLE ..... AND ITS PORT 3777 for both apps

Do you have a link to your new recorder ?

Do you have a link to your new recorder ?

Not yet, will have over the next few days. I would have (maybe wrongly) thought that you could use any of these Apps to access your CCTV once you have the IP/User/Pass/Port No

New DVR can handle the Config via BarCode, but does that not mean the seller can scan the code on their Phone and hence gain access?

As I have an existing DVR that I can access, setting/config on the new one shouldn't be too big of an issue, as I can mirror the key network tasks, but I suppose the BarCode thing makes it easy. I have a Fixed IP address, don't use any external services

Hi. The QR code is only generated after your go through the setup and is connected to your network and then it will display the qr for you to scan

Some other units will work with dmss or PSS it's just a matter of changing port numbers ..... But no setup via qr

Would someone please help me out here. I have bought a Sannce CCTV DVR system which suggests XMeye for the iPhone; I have installed it and it works fairly well. Anyway, having done some investigation there are also videos on YouTube that show you how to register on www.xmeye.net to view through your browser via their portal.

The website www.xmeye.net appears to be totally geared towards cctv / surveillance etc, but when I downloaded the application as suggested my anti-virus detected a trojan, quarantined, then deleted it.

I have subsequently done some more research and searching "xmeye.net" yields dozens of search results talking about it being spyware / adware / trojan etc....

Given the app is available on the AppStore and definitely links to XMeye.net, how is this even possible?

I have never seen such conflicting search results for the same thing.

Any ideas??

Cheers

Shane