tate16t

Possibilities?

Good day all!

I’m looking to take a dive into a camera and NVR setup. From what I have read thus far an IP camera (1080p) and NVR w/PoE are the best bang for the buck. For now I’m looking for a two camera setup, with room to grow (in/out doors if needed) to cover my front and rear outdoor areas, up to 80 feet each. My budget is below $800.

Other features I would like:

• NAS recording

• Mac/iPhone/iPad viewing

• Motion detection

• Remote monitoring of live feed

• Local monitoring of live feed

• Audio integration

• Good night vision performance

• Optical zoom

www.aliexpress.com — I see this site mentioned a lot for Dahua and Hikvision. Are these brands purchased directly from China? If yes, how was your purchasing experience? What was the delivery turnaround? I don’t see PayPal as a purchase option. Is there anywhere else these cameras can be purchased that offer Paypal as a payment option?

I also have a Netgear NAS. Would I have the ability to record directly to this device and remove the need for an NVR?

Also, I would like to know what you guys think about Swann brand sold at Costco and BestBuy?

Thank you

Edited by Guest

Buying direct from China don't expect any support and warranty, experience tells me that sending stuff back to China noy only will it take a long time but you may never see it again. Buy from a local trade supplier and then you can expect after sales support.

After sales costs money and in my experience you actually save a LOT of frustration and money in the long term.

I have a PTZ camera here and the instructions a completely in CHINESE. I bought it here from a UK importer who were able to provide me a manual in Chinglish (not velly good Engrish)