Sign in to follow this  
Numb-nuts

Whay one tool in your kit could you not manage without

The other day I thought I'd lost my favorite screwdriver a 3mm slotted VDE screwdriver that I use for everything

and a day never goes by without me using it. The thought that I might have mislaid my screwdriver started me panicking

and I suddenly started to check my other tools to make sure they were all there. I did find my screwdriver eventually but

I know they are just a few pounds to replace but it's not the issue. Where I HAVE lost tools and replaced them even using the replacement is a constant reminder that I feel sick about thinking where is that tool.

If I'm honest I posses very few tools that I don't just love using, to me they are not just tools but loyal friends

274633_1.jpg

There are other tools I feel the same about, my dads old Stanley Knife (irreplaceable) my jelly crimp pliers, my electrical scissors

274633_2.jpg274633_3.jpg

What is the single most treasured item in your toolkit?

My Dewalt Cordless Driver Drill. 4Ah Batteries. Heaps of grunt and runtime. Gets used for everything.

My Dewalt Cordless Driver Drill. 4Ah Batteries. Heaps of grunt and runtime. Gets used for everything.

We have the 14.4v with 2 x 4AH Li Ion batteries, yes they are a great time and effort saver, still have to use the Makita SDS from time to time but our Dewalt gets a LOT of use. The batteries tend to last all week which is great. We have a policy of selling them on and replacing them before they start to deteriorate so ours will be going soon. It's about 3 years old. There was a LOT of vertical space unused so I created a raised floor at the back doors of the van, now we can get the drills out at anytime very quickly and our tool bags are easily accessible too This wouldn't work very well without a side door to access the loading area too.

I have heard from a LOT of people that FESTO drills are great and at the price they should be, they are just way out of our price range