swchoi89

Looking for decent CCTV system ~$500 Canadian (small store)

Hi Everyone,

What is a good brand if I want to spend around $500 (in Canadian dollars) for a small store's CCTV set-up? I have heard about QVIS but I can't seem to find any retailers here in Canada for that brand...

Thanks in advance.

Which province in Canada are you?

I am in Ontario.

Please don't waste your time with winbo and ignor his spam.

Hikvision have good distribution in Canada look for a supplier in your area .... You have a small budget don't waste it on imports from china

Hikvision have good distribution in Canada look for a supplier in your area .... You have a small budget don't waste it on imports from china

Had no idea he was a spammer.

anyways, like this one?

http://www.amazon.ca/Hikvision-DS-2CD2332-I-Original-Waterproof-Surveillance/dp/B00XVAI9O0/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1437572103&sr=1-6&keywords=hikvision+3mp

Although, it seems like there isn't a "kit" where I can have more than just one camera. I guess I need to buy like 4 of these? And a separate hard drive?

anyways, like this one?

http://www.amazon.ca/Hikvision-DS-2CD2332-I-Original-Waterproof-Surveillance/dp/B00XVAI9O0/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1437572103&sr=1-6&keywords=hikvision+3mp

Although, it seems like there isn't a "kit" where I can have more than just one camera. I guess I need to buy like 4 of these? And a separate hard drive?

At your price point, piecing together a system is your best bet. 4 of those cameras, and a Hikvision PoE NVR with a 2TB or 4TB HDD should suffice.

anyways, like this one?

At your price point, piecing together a system is your best bet. 4 of those cameras, and a Hikvision PoE NVR with a 2TB or 4TB HDD should suffice.

Hello,

That sounds like it will blow my budget by more than $500... or am I doing something wrong here?

sorry, I have zero clue when it comes to these. So those cameras are literally standalone which has no storage capability, and the PoE system you mentioned does exactly.. what?

Can you help me find a product on amazon so I can get a idea as to what you're referring to?

supervideo-8ch-megapixel-720p-hd-cctv-12-106686

What about this one?

IP system 720P, small kit would suitable for you.

4pcs ip camera 720. one NVR for recording, should be wireless if you store is not very big.

Jade

CCTVMAN

With HD IP Cameras, it may seem tough to fit into your budget, as nobody gives you any specific items. You may go for analog systems of 960H, stand alone DVR or PC based capture card- price level U$50 or below. Analog cameras -price level of U$30 or below, at some online markets.

With HD IP Cameras, it may seem tough to fit into your budget, as nobody gives you any specific items. You may go for analog systems of 960H, stand alone DVR or PC based capture card- price level U$50 or below. Analog cameras -price level of U$30 or below, at some online markets.

With all due respect, all the responses I am getting back, are totally confusing to me.

So, if I want to go with a manual solution, then would below work?

Two of

http://www.amazon.ca/Hikvision-DS-2CD2132-I-Vandalproof-Waterproof-Security/dp/B00XJI76IE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1437751894&sr=8-3&keywords=Hikvision#productDetails

+

http://www.amazon.ca/DIGITAL-VIDEO-RECORDER-DS-7204HWI-SH-HIKVISION/dp/B00U9QKD16/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1437751894&sr=8-13&keywords=Hikvision

With all due respect, all the responses I am getting back, are totally confusing to me.

Two of

http://www.amazon.ca/Hikvision-DS-2CD2132-I-Vandalproof-Waterproof-Security/dp/B00XJI76IE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1437751894&sr=8-3&keywords=Hikvision#productDetails

+

http://www.amazon.ca/DIGITAL-VIDEO-RECORDER-DS-7204HWI-SH-HIKVISION/dp/B00U9QKD16/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1437751894&sr=8-13&keywords=Hikvision

SWChoi,

The camera that you picked is IP Camera. I recommended analog cameras, outputing "NTSC", ranging U$20 to U$30. The cameras from Hikvisiion or Cnb tech should be OK.

The DVR that you picked is correct. And you need to buy a piece of HDD, and cablings.

The camera that you picked is IP Camera. I recommended analog cameras, outputing "NTSC", ranging U$20 to U$30.

I really hope that u are joking

[

Two of

List Price: CDN$ 599.99

Price: CDN$ 149.99 & FREE Shipping. Details

You Save: CDN$ 450.00 (75%)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - List price $600

Don't buy those. They have been replaced by the DS-2CD2132F-IS which is a much better camera and is available for about the same price.

That is an old Analogue DVR, completely incompatible with IP cameras. Do not buy that either.

What you need to do before you do anything else is sit down and work out what you want this CCTV system to achieve, and then budget accordingly.

Fixing a budget then attempting to spec a system to meet expectations within that budget is a waste of time.

I would recomend you IP system 720P this is a good option for you.

How can you recommend anything? He hasn't said what his requirements are other than stating a budget.

swchoi89,

I have a QVIS system but it seems to be an extinct item as I cannot easily buy any replacement. It would be better to purchase cameras you can easily find locally.

With your budget of 500 cdollar, you can go for a standalone dvr (wd1 or 960H) and analog cameras (ntsc), installing cables on your own. These systems would last forever. You do not face any compatibility issues. Because they are all of standard, inter-operable between all diffrent vendors. Just plug & play. That's all you need for a small store. Do not worry much the quality. They have been there more than 30 years. 90% surveillance system of Las Vegas is still in Analog.

I do not understand many experts here are talking about 3MPs /5MPs/8MPs/10Mps, while they are limited to 1080P TV (2MP) or Monitor, and getting less than 10 FPS, and getting limited choices over decoding/playbacking machines or softwares. A cannon can be too much for a chicken, that's my point.

With your budget of 500 cdollar, you can go for a standalone dvr (wd1 or 960H) and analog cameras (ntsc), installing cables on your own. These systems would last forever. You do not face any compatibility issues. Because they are all of standard, inter-operable between all diffrent vendors. Just plug & play. That's all you need for a small store. Do not worry much the quality. They have been there more than 30 years. 90% surveillance system of Las Vegas is still in Analog.

I do not understand many experts here are talking about 3MPs /5MPs/8MPs/10Mps, while they are limited to 1080P TV (2MP) or Monitor, and getting less than 10 FPS, and getting limited choices over decoding/playbacking machines or softwares. A cannon can be too much for a chicken, that's my point.

No need to peddle low resolution junk its 2015..d1 or 960h should not be installed it should be thrown in the trash...I know you guys sell it so thats why you promote it...you can get 1080p CVI from costco with lifetime returns for 500. Or spend a bit more for IP...

A 4k camera camera will allow you to zoom in to the image at a later point and get much more clarity. You will also be able to cover much more area say with a 1080p camera over a 960h camera while maintaining MUCH better image quality.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say limited choices for decoding and playback - you are just making stuff up now...how are IP cameras more limited that analog?

No need to peddle low resolution junk its 2015..d1 or 960h should not be installed it should be thrown in the trash...I know you guys sell it so thats why you promote it...you can get 1080p CVI from costco with lifetime returns for 500. Or spend a bit more for IP...

A 4k camera camera will allow you to zoom in to the image at a later point and get much more clarity. You will also be able to cover much more area say with a 1080p camera over a 960h camera while maintaining MUCH better image quality.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say limited choices for decoding and playback - you are just making stuff up now...how are IP cameras more limited that analog?

1080P-CVI system at 500, Life Time Warranty. Real good deal. I missed. Hope not lying. Are you selling those?

1080P-CVI system at 500, Life Time Warranty. Real good deal. I missed. Hope not lying. Are you selling those?

No i dont own costco https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costco - thats the difference between my advice and yours. You have an agenda because your company sells old outdated D1 junk. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costco

What can I be lying about? The price is on their webpage. They have a lifetime return policy that excludes only specific items not including ip camera. http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-HD-1080p-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-8-1080p-Cameras-.product.100218592.html

this is a rebranded Dahua CVI system.

Boogieman, I do not see "Life time warranty", on the link that you list. It is the very reason I said a Good Deal. No suppliers can do that. At least not me. TVs or Cars do not work every 7/24/365. But the much cheaper surveillance system should. Not a single, short break, allowed. Oh poor thing!!!

Boogieman, I do not see "Life time warranty", on the link that you list. It is the very reason I said a Good Deal. No suppliers can do that. At least not me. TVs or Cars do not work every 7/24/365. But the much cheaper surveillance system should. Not a single, short break, allowed. Oh poor thing!!!

Please read my post. Costco has a lifetime return policy on EVERYTHING in the store EXCEPT certain items. https://customerservice.costco.com/system/templates/selfservice/costco_en_us/#!portal/200500000001002/article/200500000040287/Costco-Return-Policy

So you can return at any time. The "cameras" listed there are point and shoot. You can return IP cameras anytime. This is a return policy of the seller.

Even without the return policy this is a much better deal than your d1 junk. Even at your posted numbers of 30 dollars per camera x8 cameras +50 for a dvr card costs 290. Now you need a PC + large hard disk how much does that cost? 2tb drive costs 90...

This whole unit is 500 dollars with an NVR, cables, 2TB hard drive. Makes no sense to buy d1 or 960h junk...please stop advising innocent people to buy low quality dvr cards and low resolution cameras, simply because your company sells them, when they can buy 1080p hd systems for less. You can sell the junk to users in the third world.

Boogieman, you look quite confused.

I can not still find the term "Life Time Warranty" on the link that you listed. I know you are not lying. Please show that to me. I know you are not selling anything. But I know anybody should peddle something or anything for food. Becoming much more true in year 2015. The package 8 ch product you linked seems not to be an IP Camera. It might be HD Analog type. HD-CVI, or HD-TVI, or HD-AHD, un-revealed. And Not to be an NVR. But must be a DVR, specific to camera types as above.

Boogieman, you look quite confused.

I can not still find the term "Life Time Warranty" on the link that you listed. I know you are not lying. Please show that to me. I know you are not selling anything. But I know anybody should peddle something or anything for food. Becoming much more true in year 2015. The package 8 ch product you linked seems not to be an IP Camera. It might be HD Analog type. HD-CVI, or HD-TVI, or HD-AHD, un-revealed. And Not to be an NVR. But must be a DVR, specific to camera types as above.

Either you dont understand english or your are purposely acting dumb. They have a LIFETIME return policy!!! This is by the SELLER costco!!!! Learn to read. I can return a vacuum cleaner I bought 10 years ago, today. Like I said even without the return its a much better system then the junk you are advising to buy.

I said in my posts multiple times that its a DAHUA based CVI system. Why are you acting surprised? What are you acting like this is a bad thing for a 500 dollar system. Stop with your lies.

Again, please stop recommending your JUNK systems that have NO warranty (return shipping to china is too expensive) and worst of all have terrible resolution and likely poor performance in general and cost more money. Please stop giving folks here BAD advice because you want to sell your companies JUNK to them.

Please tell me why I should buy a DVR card D1 system that needs a pc to run over this 500 dollars system? Forget about the return policy for a minuet.

Its clear that you have an agenda to peddle your companies low end garbage. Stop it.