swchoi89

Looking for decent CCTV system ~$500 Canadian (small store)

I have no idea what you mean by "HD over coax". All these terms sound normal to you but to me, it's a totally different language... I still cannot understand.... perhaps you could help me pick a product off of the Canadian Costco website??

And @ SunnyKim, why do I need a separate cable? Isn't this already all-inclusive???

Hi swchoi89.

Boogieman is right IP camera system is best for you and you can start putting together on your budget

Only problem is Costco CA is well over priced .... But I did take a look on eBay.ca

Look for a seller close to you but look for Dahua NVR there are a few new on there for $280 for 8 way and then look at Dahua 2mp cameras they start from $85 ...... You will only need to buy a reel of cat5 for install

This post has got confusing so if you work on getting IP and nothing else the quicker you can find equipment and install

Hi swchoi89.

Boogieman is right IP camera system is best for you and you can start putting together on your budget

Only problem is Costco CA is well over priced .... But I did take a look on eBay.ca

Look for a seller close to you but look for Dahua NVR there are a few new on there for $280 for 8 way and then look at Dahua 2mp cameras they start from $85 ...... You will only need to buy a reel of cat5 for install

This post has got confusing so if you work on getting IP and nothing else the quicker you can find equipment and install

Hi Tom,

http://www.costco.ca/Q-See%C2%AE-4-channel-High-Definition-Digital-NVR-with-1-TB-HDD-%2526-4-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.100092216.html

This one is OK then right? At this point, I don't really care about the price as ong as it is +/- $150.

Thanks for your help.

275514_1.jpg

Hi. Yes good Dahua system .... Also it's plug and play

Apps are free and the remote PSS is also good

And if needed you can change to 2mp cameras later

Hi. I would stick with your first option ......picking a no name system you will not get any support

Thank you Tom for your help. I think I am just going to buy the first option like you suggested. Now I can sleep

Also thanks to many who posted on this thread.