tomdlgns

any exacqvision experts on here?

i have to assume this is a common issue.

i have a site with 6 1080p IP cameras. it looks great when you are on site looking at the exacq client, which makes sense since i am on the same network. the upload speed at this site is very low, probably 1.5mbps (possibly lower) and when viewing the cameras from another location, it is very choppy if it does come through. i am aware that this is 100% a bandwidth upload issue. if i change (lower the resolution) of the cameras, i can get a good picture and it isn't choppy, but it is no longer an HD picture at this point. i have no problem with the remote user not seeing an HD image, but i want the camera to display and record at the best possibly settings, on site.

is there a way to select the video quality for certain users? when i called exacq, about a year ago, there wasn't. they told me i could limit the bandwidth the system uses for the stream, but that would apply to all users. my guess is that this still isn't possible with the latest software upgrades, but figured i would still ask.

maybe i am overlooking this and there is another way to do what i want?

thanks.

The web client might be a decent choice, it does do transcoding on the streams for better frame rates.

i have users who launch the client and everything is set for them. the web client needs more user interaction.

they need to add a resolution limit or force resolution group for certain users, that would be great. if not that, then give me the ability to add a secondary stream to exacq. the secondary stream could be a lower quality resolution. that way, my main site records in full HD (or whatever is set by the admin) and the remote user on an air card or slow connection can still view the camera(s), but using a secondary feed, which would be set/hard coded via the camera itself.

Exacq can do multiple streams from the cameras. This way you can set up local LAN video at HD res and stream remote will get the low res stream.

that is exactly what i want to do, but i can't seem to figure it out. how do i set this up? i want the local/LAN exacq box to display 1080p and record at the best setting and i want the remote user, which will use the client, to connect and get a reduced resolution.

thanks.

"Multistreaming Support for IP Cameras

The new Multistreaming feature of exacqVision 5 allows the ability to set multiple, independent video streams from the IP camera. Each stream can be set at different frame rates, resolution and quality level, ideal if you require remote viewing over a limited-bandwidth connection, but want to retain the highest resolution for recording and local viewing. Up to four streams per camera can be selected, depending on the IP camera model. In addition, up to eight ‘Region of Interest’ streams can be setup on select Arecont Vision cameras, allowing for true cropping of individual, independent streams, and a full realization of the benefits of multi-megapixel cameras.

With exacqVision Multistreaming, all streams can be recorded, viewed live, saved to views, exported, and available in search and playback. All streams can be individually configured for recording schedules, storage rules and more. No additional licensing is required; the standard exacqVision camera license enables up to four video streams, and up to eight Region of Interest streams are available on Arecont Vision cameras. Supported IP cameras for multistreaming in Version 5 include Axis, Arecont Vision, Panasonic and ACTi, with more coming. Over 240 IP camera models are supported in multistreaming in this release, with more coming. Multistreaming is supported in exacqVision Pro, Enterprise, and Edge"

"Multistreaming Support for IP Cameras

The new Multistreaming feature of exacqVision 5 allows the ability to set multiple, independent video streams from the IP camera. Each stream can be set at different frame rates, resolution and quality level, ideal if you require remote viewing over a limited-bandwidth connection, but want to retain the highest resolution for recording and local viewing. Up to four streams per camera can be selected, depending on the IP camera model. In addition, up to eight ‘Region of Interest’ streams can be setup on select Arecont Vision cameras, allowing for true cropping of individual, independent streams, and a full realization of the benefits of multi-megapixel cameras.

With exacqVision Multistreaming, all streams can be recorded, viewed live, saved to views, exported, and available in search and playback. All streams can be individually configured for recording schedules, storage rules and more. No additional licensing is required; the standard exacqVision camera license enables up to four video streams, and up to eight Region of Interest streams are available on Arecont Vision cameras. Supported IP cameras for multistreaming in Version 5 include Axis, Arecont Vision, Panasonic and ACTi, with more coming. Over 240 IP camera models are supported in multistreaming in this release, with more coming. Multistreaming is supported in exacqVision Pro, Enterprise, and Edge"

do you know how to configure it?

edit- i think i figured it out...testing it now and i will report back.

edit2- i was able to figure it out after some clicking on the camera setup page. if the camera supports multi-streaming, you can add a second view, select your resolution and other options, along with recording, or no recording, in my case and apply the settings. it does exactly what i was looking for. obviously on the client/remote client you will have to make sure you select the correct view/camera, but other than that, it works. there are a few minor things i think can be improved, but this is a big improvement. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

You might be able to make a user account for remote viewing and limit that account to the 'low bandwidth' streams, maybe?

When you install the client on a pc, go to the "add server" section, where you enter the username and password for the server. Under where you enter that info are a few buttons to select what kind of connection you are one. Try changing that to see if the image quality changes.

When you install the client on a pc, go to the "add server" section, where you enter the username and password for the server. Under where you enter that info are a few buttons to select what kind of connection you are one. Try changing that to see if the image quality changes.

It was resolved. I posted the resolution in edit 2 of my last reply.