dbomb

Which NVR for Samsung IP cameras

Ok I have been going nuts figuring out a solution for my home IP cameras. I have 2 SNV-6084R cameras and would like a central point of management. I have gone to samsung security website and they have all types of software. net-i viewer, smart viewer SSM, etc.

I have Power PC that I would like to turn into a NVR but would like the best solution for me. I will have a total of 6 IP cameras.

Which would be the best software. I don't mind paying for a links , but need some advice on making a good choice. Hardware NVR would be nice but I feel with software I can have more options on hardware and future proof it.

Thanks.

Blue Iris is a good compromise between power, flexibility, support of many brands, and price, but it's Windows only; not sure if that lets out your Power PC. You can download a demo version to try.

It also tends to like a fairly powerful PC, depending on the resolution and frame rate you'll be recording, so that may also rule out your PPC.

Ok I have been going nuts figuring out a solution for my home IP cameras. I have 2 SNV-6084R cameras and would like a central point of management. I have gone to samsung security website and they have all types of software. net-i viewer, smart viewer SSM, etc.

I have Power PC that I would like to turn into a NVR but would like the best solution for me. I will have a total of 6 IP cameras.

Which would be the best software. I don't mind paying for a links , but need some advice on making a good choice. Hardware NVR would be nice but I feel with software I can have more options on hardware and future proof it.

Thanks.

What are the specs on that Power PC? Blue Iris is processor intensive and will only work well with a good CPU. Otherwise, I would recommend a standalone Samsung NVR but you'll be tied down to that brand.

Just been with the Samsung guys today, the current front end recommended is the ssm software and the current NVR srn1000, for bigger camera system they are recommending an i7 processor pc- would suspect that if just 6 cameras then an i5 may be fine.

Just been with the Samsung guys today, the current front end recommended is the ssm software and the current NVR srn1000, for bigger camera system they are recommending an i7 processor pc- would suspect that if just 6 cameras then an i5 may be fine.

You could go i5 but you need to configure the stream settings of each camera because it eats a lot of process even you are only using 6 cameras. If you are only using 6 then go for srn-1673s or 873s. They come with a built-in poe switch port at the back and can support full 2mp@ all channels

You could go i5 but you need to configure the stream settings of each camera because it eats a lot of process even you are only using 6 cameras. If you are only using 6 then go for srn-1673s or 873s. They come with a built-in poe switch port at the back and can support full 2mp@ all channels

I have the samsung SRN-1673S and so far its only been compatible with itself. My ip cameras do not work with it. Only the samsung ones. I verified that they are ONVIF and they still don't work. So unless your cameras are samsung it will be a hit or miss with the SRN-1673S

Give avigilon a try. I've tested the samsung wisenet camera on it and it works fine and it does support motion detection. Run an i3 or i5 with 4-8gb ram and 7200rpm sata drives and you'll be fine for 6 cameras. It will be a little more money per camera then blue iris. So, try both and see what you think, you can download a 30day trial from the link.

ftp://ftp.avigilon.com/ACC/ACC_5.6.0.28/AvigilonControlCenterServer-5.6.0.28.exe