Sign in to follow this  
elirebelband

Video distortion

I have a H.264 8 Channel DVR Model CDR0860 which came with 4 cameras. Recently I added a 700TVL CMOS 48IR LED Dome camera, and a 1/4 Sharp CCD 420 TVL 48LED outdoor camera both with 60ft BCN video Power Siamese Cable. A couple of days later the image started to look distorted on all channels. It is like a squirrel effect. When you turn the DVR off and back on the image get fixed for about 15 seconds and the distortion comes back again. I even disconnected the additional cameras and still does the same thing. When you go to the menu there is no distortion on menu screen. Hope anybody can help me since I am a newbie in this matter and I have been researching the web for this problem and have not find any information on it.

sounds like bad cabling between camera and dvr id recommend changing the cables to something more higher quality pre made cables are not the best

cctvmann I have brand new unopened cameras and cables and tried as you told me. They are brand new, and I disconnected the cameras already installed and it does the same. I turned the dvr off for installation and after setting it up I turned on and did the same thing, with just one brand new camera and cable. I checked everything and still.

Yes, I am using the same power supply, in fact I have two, the one that came with the camera in the first place, and another one that I bought for it. I also tried disconnecting all new devices and letting the system run with the original devices, and still does the same.