where can i purchase exacqvision w/o needing to deal with a rep? i am not an integrator, so i'd like to avoid purchasing from a company that only deals with integrators. i am building a PC (family business) and i want to run exacq on it (use it at work and i am familiar with it). i was going to use the hikvision NVR, but after some more testing, i am not a huge fan of it.

i am in the process of running cable and mounting cameras, might be another month or so before i have it all done (only working it on the weekends).

these are the cameras i will be using, hikvision 2CD2132-I and they are on the exacq compatibility list. i have 11 cameras, for the initial build, but when the system is complete, i will have 14.

edit- based on pricing of purchasing individual licenses and paying to build my own server, it might be cheaper if i buy a server with exacq on it. just looking to see if there are online stores where i can buy this vs dealing with an integrator.

where can i purchase exacqvision w/o needing to deal with a rep? i am not an integrator, so i'd like to avoid purchasing from a company that only deals with integrators. i am building a PC (family business) and i want to run exacq on it (use it at work and i am familiar with it). i was going to use the hikvision NVR, but after some more testing, i am not a huge fan of it.

i am in the process of running cable and mounting cameras, might be another month or so before i have it all done (only working it on the weekends).

these are the cameras i will be using, hikvision 2CD2132-I and they are on the exacq compatibility list. i have 11 cameras, for the initial build, but when the system is complete, i will have 14.

edit- based on pricing of purchasing individual licenses and paying to build my own server, it might be cheaper if i buy a server with exacq on it. just looking to see if there are online stores where i can buy this vs dealing with an integrator.

I would recommend find a dealer that will just sell you the parts/licenses you are looking for. This way you have someone to answer questions when you have issues.

Also have you looked at Avigilon? It works great with Hik cameras and has no recurring costs unlike Exacq plus you can search video much faster.

I would recommend find a dealer that will just sell you the parts/licenses you are looking for. This way you have someone to answer questions when you have issues.

Also have you looked at Avigilon? It works great with Hik cameras and has no recurring costs unlike Exacq.

i have read a little bit about avigilon, but i don't know much about it. can i trial their software w/o any limitations? what about cost?

i have read a little bit about avigilon, but i don't know much about it. can i trial their software w/o any limitations? what about cost?

http://avigilon.com/support-and-downloads/for-software/software-updates-and-downloads/

so far, not a fan of aviglion at all. picture quality doesn't look good, when i check the settings, quality is set to 1080p and quality was on 1 (best). doesn't look as good as it did in hikvision NVR or the browser.

so far, not a fan of aviglion at all. picture quality doesn't look good, when i check the settings, quality is set to 1080p and quality was on 1 (best). doesn't look as good as it did in hikvision NVR or the browser.

Strange

I have 100's HIK working with Avigilon with excellent picture quality

Where are u located ?

Strange

I have 100's HIK working with Avigilon with excellent picture quality

Where are u located ?

chicago.

setting it up was not the most intuitive, in my opinion. but this is coming from someone who has been using exacq for 5+ years.

setting it up was not the most intuitive, in my opinion. but this is coming from someone who has been using exacq for 5+ years.

You need to get out more. Avigilon is the simplest of any software I have ever touched.

Try Genetec Security Center. That's a fun one.

http://avigilon.com/support-and-downloads/for-software/software-updates-and-downloads/

Are you looking at the camera in single view or matrix view? What you are seeing is HDSM Avigilons automatic stream manigment. Avigilon will automatically select the HD or low res stream from the camera depending on bandwidth, screen resolution and/or matrix view. When you switch to recorded video do you see the HD stream?

Every Exacq customer we have we switched to Avigilon after they demoed Avigilon for 30 days. They where much happer with reviewing video and how much easier it is to use and manage.

Are you looking at the camera in single view or matrix view? What you are seeing is HDSM Avigilons automatic stream manigment. Avigilon will automatically select the HD or low res stream from the camera depending on bandwidth, screen resolution and/or matrix view. When you switch to recorded video do you see the HD stream?

Every Exacq customer we have we switched to Avigilon after they demoed Avigilon for 30 days. They where much happer with reviewing video and how much easier it is to use and manage.

i was in the single view and in the matrix view. i am not a fan of the program auto detecting my resolution and adjusting the camera feed. i did not look at any recordings once i noticed that the live view looked poor. exacq running on that same PC/resolution (trial, 1 cam license) doesn't limit the real time view.

from what i have seen, exacq is easier to add a camera into the system and the user interface is more intuitive. again, i have been using exacq for many years and i know where most all the settings are, i am a little biased.

Edited by Guest

Why some companies don't publish online prices for their product?

How much is for 8 cameras solution please?

Avigilon does not sell direct and doesn't have online sales. That is why there is no online pricing.

I will send you a PM for price.

i was in the single view and in the matrix view. i am not a fan of the program auto detecting my resolution and adjusting the camera feed. i did not look at any recordings once i noticed that the live view looked poor. exacq running on that same PC/resolution (trial, 1 cam license) doesn't limit the real time view.

from what i have seen, exacq is easier to add a camera into the system and the user interface is more intuitive. again, i have been using exacq for many years and i know where most all the settings are, i am a little biased.

Well you should look a the recorded video as this is where Avigilon blows away Exacq. Also for one or 4 cameras HDSM is not that important on your LAN but when you have 50+ cameras it becomes very important.

PM AK357 as might log in a give you the full demo which will show you how well it works.

Well you should look a the recorded video as this is where Avigilon blows away Exacq. Also for one or 4 cameras HDSM is not that important on your LAN but when you have 50+ cameras it becomes very important.

PM AK357 as might log in a give you the full demo which will show you how well it works.

can you give me an example of how avigilon blows away exacq in the recorded video? all i care to see is 1080p video being recorded, how can one system be better than the other at that?

also, how do i get around the poor quality when viewing real time? 99% of the time i will be looking at real time footage.

thanks for your input.

edit- the cameras are 10/100, but the switch they are plugged into and the PC i am using for the NVR are gigabit and i have confirmed everything that should be gigabit has connected at gigabit speeds.

can you give me an example of how avigilon blows away exacq in the recorded video? all i care to see is 1080p video being recorded, how can one system be better than the other at that?

also, how do i get around the poor quality when viewing real time? 99% of the time i will be looking at real time footage.

thanks for your input.

edit- the cameras are 10/100, but the switch they are plugged into and the PC i am using for the NVR are gigabit and i have confirmed everything that should be gigabit has connected at gigabit speeds.

Instead of trying to explain to you it is better to just show you.

If you want full HD on your client all the time click on the cog in the top right of the client software: then client settings> display At the bottom change Display Quality to MAX. This will give you the HD stream no matter what but if you have a lot of cameras you will start pushing your client computer because he will have to decode many HD streams at once.

As for the recording you have to see it. Let the cameras record for a couple of hours and then click on the recorded tab. You can then click anywhere on the timeline and see recorded video instantly. You can also left client and hold and then scrub though all your recorded video and fast or as slow as you would like.

thanks for your input.

Instead of trying to explain to you it is better to just show you.

If you want full HD on your client all the time click on the cog in the top right of the client software: then client settings> display At the bottom change Display Quality to MAX. This will give you the HD stream no matter what but if you have a lot of cameras you will start pushing your client computer because he will have to decode many HD streams at once.

As for the recording you have to see it. Let the cameras record for a couple of hours and then click on the recorded tab. You can then click anywhere on the timeline and see recorded video instantly. You can also left client and hold and then scrub though all your recorded video and fast or as slow as you would like.

ok, i will give it another shot (with the cog wheel setting and the recording playback), however, exacq playback is not bad at all, at least, not in my experience. usually i have the date and time. when i put in the parameters i see the green content bar and the blue sections where there is motion. most of the time, that is all i need. i can also left click and hold with exacq.

can you PM me pricing for 16 licenses on 1 server, i'd like to compare that initial price with exacq's initial price.

i haven't even looked at the client/remote client software for avigilon, i do like that exacq runs as a service and that the exacq software is very easy to install and manage.

thewireguys, can you give me a quote for 16 licenses? or at least tell me the cost and i can find a local dealer if the price is right.

i have not had a chance to re-test the software, but i plan on doing that this weekend.

a few questions i have that will probably help me out, big time, with my test

- is there server and client software, meaning, the site with the cameras runs dedicated software to capture video footage and at the remote site (owners home, etc...) they would run client software to login and view remotely? i am spoiled with exacq....server runs as a service and all you need is the client.

- when running the remote client, assuming there is one, can it be setup to pull a lower res image from the main site? i want 1080p/best recording on the on-site server, but the remote user just needs to see the image, 1080p isn't needed (or wanted due to bandwidth limitations) when viewing remotely).

- what happens when i want to A- upgrade the software in 2-3 years (assuming there are improvements) and B- i want to add more cameras, how does licensing work, at that point? free upgrades? pay to upgrade? if i want 2 more IP cameras (adding 2, not swapping 2 out) do i simply pay for 2 additional licenses?

- does avigilon support iscsi recording? i might purchase a synology NAS, setup an iscsi connector, and point it to the w7 machine that will be running avigilon and have it show up as a D or E drive, will avigilon see that drive and record to it?

thanks in advance.

edit- i would have to use the standard version of the software, the core is missing some features i am looking for.

- is there server and client software, meaning, the site with the cameras runs dedicated software to capture video footage and at the remote site (owners home, etc...) they would run client software to login and view remotely? i am spoiled with exacq....server runs as a service and all you need is the client.

When you install the server software on the video recording device it installs the server as a service and also installs the client.

The only management done on the server side is licenses and storage.

You can also choose to install the ACC gateway which supports mobile devices and the web interface. The web interface functions exactly the same as the client and even looks the same. The ACC Gateway does not have to be installed on the server if you choose to install it on a different machine.

The client software can be installed on any machine except a MAC.

when running the remote client, assuming there is one, can it be setup to pull a lower res image from the main site? i want 1080p/best recording on the on-site server, but the remote user just needs to see the image, 1080p isn't needed (or wanted due to bandwidth limitations) when viewing remotely).

That is done automatically through HDSM.

- what happens when i want to A- upgrade the software in 2-3 years (assuming there are improvements) and B- i want to add more cameras, how does licensing work, at that point? free upgrades? pay to upgrade? if i want 2 more IP cameras (adding 2, not swapping 2 out) do i simply pay for 2 additional licenses?

Upgrades and support are free indefinitely.

When they moved from the ACC4 platform to the ACC5 platform several years ago the worst case scenario was the upgrade was the price of 1 license. However if you bought 1 license that automatically qualified you for the upgrade so basically it was free.

Yes adding licenses is very simple and takes less than a minute.

- does avigilon support iscsi recording? i might purchase a synology NAS, setup an iscsi connector, and point it to the w7 machine that will be running avigilon and have it show up as a D or E drive, will avigilon see that drive and record to it?

Yes as long as the ISCSI can perform well enough to handle the read write.

We do plenty of ISCSI storage but it's on a enterprise level with 10gig connections.

ssmith10pn, thank you for answering the questions. thewireguys sent me a PM and answered every question i had and gave me some additional information, i appreciate the help from everyone.

after experimenting with the software, i think it is fair to say that i didn't give avigilon a fair chance, i am not sure why i dismissed them so quick, it might have had something to do with bringing the cameras (hikvision) into the system, but once i got over that hurdle, things looked much better. as i have stated in this thread a few times, i have been using exacq for a while and i guess i was just expecting everything to work the same as exacq, regardless, once you get the hang of things, it isn't that bad. i do have some more questions, feel free to answer them, if you'd like to and have some time (you too twg...thanks again)

i have the server/client/gateway installed on the main server/site PC, everything is working great.

at the remote site, i tested the HTML5 web client and the local fat client, both work great, but i don't see a need to use anything other than the HTML5 web client....i will still test both, but i am very happy with the web client.

i have downloaded the player software, but i have not installed it yet (one of my questions, which is why i didn't install it, yet).

1. what is http authentication in the gateway program/setup? by default it is not enabled and i still had to authenticate.

answered http authentication forces http to used instead of https.

2. is it possible to disable https? i have ports open for https and http, but when i use http it redirects to https (chrome and ff). i don't have a certificate for the https so the end user will always see the warning message. it isn't a big deal, i can live with that, but i am curious. also, right now i am connecting directly over the internet with a ddns name, once i have finalized this site, there will be a VPN tunnel between home and office http should work fine with the VPN tunnel. this is not a huge issue, but something i did notice. if i leave the https port blank and click apply, it populates with the last value.

answered yes, to disable https simply enable http authentication (check the http authentication box).

3. when logging into the web client, it seems that i have to login two times. it seems that the first login is to the web client and the second login is for the site i want to connect to. i suppose this makes sense if you have 1 gateway box and 5 sites under that gateway and each site has a different login, but i only have one so it seems redundant.

4. using the mobile app, it was very east to connect to my site (i was not on the LAN when setting up the mobile app)...just make sure the proper ports are open. the app is very user friendly, the only question i have is swiping left/right to go to the next camera. it seems the only way to get to another camera is to double tap to get to the view and double tap on the next camera you want to view. with most mobile apps i have used, you can swipe to cycle through cameras. not a huge issue, there might be an update that offers that, i just want to make sure i am not missing something.

5. when searching for video, can you mark your start/stop points and then quickly export the video clip? are those the bookmarks? i did not mess with the bookmark feature, yet.

answered you can create bookmarks, bookmarks are not overwritten (protect them) you can export boookmarks.

6. is it possible to type a specific date/time and go right to that? i don't have enough hard drive space to store footage for more than a couple days (installed on a test box, right now) but the computer this will end up getting installed on will have plenty of storage. if i want to go back, let's say 3 weeks, the only way i see to do that is to click the back arrow which takes me back 1 day at a time. it isn't many clicks to get me there, but i am curious if there is a way to enter a specific date/time.

answered you can click on the date/time box and more options appear.

7. users for the mobile software. when logged into the gateway, it appears that there are only two accounts, administrator and operator. i created a user in the client software, but i wasn't able to login to to the mobile software with the user i added in the client. i have no problem logging into the mobile software with the administrator/operator, but how do you provide mobile login access to a user that should only have access to one/limited cameras? i also don't want this user to be able to look at playback/stop recording/make any other changes, simply viewing.

answered create the user on the server, i used the client software, on the mobile app, i logged in as operator on the first screen and when i connected to the server i logged in as the user, this works fine. the next thing i want to find out is how powerful is the operator account? it seems that i will have to give that password out to anyone that needs the mobile app.

thanks

Edited by Guest

It's human nature to resist change. I cut my teeth on ACC4. Hated ACC5 when it came out.

I was assigned 2 clients with Large Genetec Security Center systems. (1500+ cameras) When I attended Genetec Training I hated everything about it and compared it to Avigilon everywhere.

Now that I have gotten used to Genetec I would pick it hands down over Avigilon on a 1000+ camera system.

i have downloaded the player software, but i have not installed it yet (one of my questions, which is why i didn't install it, yet).

You don't need the player other than to supply with exported clips for 3rd parties to play the clips.

When you export a clip in Native mode there is a checkbox to include the player.

5. when searching for video, can you mark your start/stop points and then quickly export the video clip? are those the bookmarks? i did not mess with the bookmark feature, yet.

Bookmarks are simply to mark a incident for future review or to prevent the video from being deleted.