5. when searching for video, can you mark your start/stop points and then quickly export the video clip? are those the bookmarks? i did not mess with the bookmark feature, yet.

Bookmarks are simply to mark a incident for future review or to prevent the video from being deleted.

is creating a bookmark the same thing as creating a start/stop point? do i need to create a bookmark before i see an option to export?

is creating a bookmark the same thing as creating a start/stop point? do i need to create a bookmark before i see an option to export?

question number 6 is now answered as well as the bookmark/export, thanks.

edit- i exported some video and forced it to limit the video to 700 to act as if i was going to copy to CDs and i checked the box to include the player. when export was complete, i saw 3 .ave files, where is the player?

trying the export, again, this time in avi format to see if windows media player has any issues with the file.

as i was typing this it appears that a 20 minute clip will take 3 hours to export (avi, full res). i stopped the export. i will try a lower resolution.

thanks.

The player will be in the same location you exported the .ave files.

Probably named AvigilonControlCenterPlayerStandalone-5.6.x.x

yeah, after a second look it was there, the files did not auto arrange, the 3 exported file were not by the player shortcut, at quick glance the player icon blended in with the client, gateway and control icons...thanks.

It helps to save the files to a folder instead of the desktop.

It's also help to read help manual and watch YouTube training video

It helps to save the files to a folder instead of the desktop.

It's also help to read help manual and watch YouTube training video

http://4a54f0271b66873b1ef4-ddc094ae70b29d259d46aa8a44a90623.r7.cf2.rackcdn.com/assets/Uploads/en_US/PDFACCGateway06172015.pdf

i got some answers to my questions from that PDF...

- http authentication...when checked this disables the force of https/ssl.

still not clear on the mobile/web users. this section explains the two built-in users but nothing about creating new users.

By default, the Gateway has two users: an Administrator that configures the Gateway, and an Operator that

connects to the Gateway through the ACC Mobile app or the Gateway Web Client.

You can change the Operator username and password, but you can only change the password for the

Administrator.

The default Administrator username is administrator with no password. You are required to set a password

immediately after your initial login.

The default Operator username is operator with no password. It is recommended that you set a new username

and password to increase the security

The Users page, you can do any of the following:

To change the Administrator or Operator password, enter and confirm a password in the New

Password: field then click Apply.

To change the Operator username, enter a new name in the User Name: field then click Apply.

still not clear on the mobile/web users. this section explains the two built-in users but nothing about creating new users.

By default, the Gateway has two users: an Administrator that configures the Gateway, and an Operator that

You can change the Operator username and password, but you can only change the password for the

Administrator.

The default Administrator username is administrator with no password. You are required to set a password

The default Operator username is operator with no password. It is recommended that you set a new username

To change the Administrator or Operator password, enter and confirm a password in the New

To change the Operator username, enter a new name in the User Name: field then click Apply.

It's 2 step login process

First log in is to access mobile App

second to access server

meaning YOU create new users on Server

Get it ?

Administrator.

It's 2 step login process

First log in is to access mobile App

second to access server

meaning YOU create new users on Server

Get it ?

i created the user on the server, but that user can't login to the mobile app. i don't have any issues logging into the mobile app with the administrator account, for obvious reasons.

also, i can't seem to restrict a user to specific camera(s), they are all checked and grayed out when i am editing the permissions/settings.

There are only 2 gateway accounts.

[im g]http://www.cctvforum.com/images/imported/2015/08/276743_1.png[/img]

User access to cameras are set in group policies not users.

[im g]http://www.cctvforum.com/images/imported/2015/08/276743_2.png[/img]

yeah, i was able to find the two gateway accounts, those were visible when i first accessed the gatewat (after install).

thanks for pointing out the group tab, didn't even think to click on it...makes sense now.