Sign in to follow this  
joshremlin

Swan cttv

Hi, I've had my Swann dvr8-1260 advanced security system with pro-510 camera up for a while now and seem to have two problems I'm trying to solve.

The first one is at night it's automatically triggering and sending me email pictures every two minutes which is rather annoying waking up to 100 pictures with nothing on, I believe this is because I need extra ir lights to make it brighter to stop faulse alarms is this correct what I'm thinking??

The second one is the cameras are best positioned for getting everything I need it too and at night I get the ir lights shining off the wall (see picture) I'm thinking the only way of solving this would be taking the cameras off the wall and making a bracket out of a inch by inch box section steel.

Thanks

Josh

image.thumb.jpg.2e317acf3ce2c31d20334a464e050270.jpg

Try pulling camera away from

Wall a bit

To stop the ir bounding back that may help throw more ir light onto the path your viewing

Thanks cttvman I wanted to see others opinions as I didn't want to waste my time making brackets etc if there was an easy solution it's going to look daft when it's done as I'll end up with 3 cameras on one bracket and hopefully 2 extr ir lights under the bracket but if it helps protect my property I'm happy!!

Josh